1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wifi help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chaunceez, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

:( :( :( :( :(guys my wifi dont work on my ds at mcdonolds my games are US and i live in australia but dont think thats the case the use r4ultra. :( :( :( :( :(
    and sorry if missed some of the letters since my keybored is very tough.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Does it work at any other wireless connection other than the McDonalds?

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I live in Australia, and I didn't even know you could get a wireless connection at McDonalds.

It doesn't hurt to ask the workers or manager at McDonalds what the problem is.

4. chaunceez

did and they said they dnt know im a comp expert and i dnt even know the proplem.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

So...

Does it work at any other wireless points? Is this McDonalds the only one it doesn't work at?

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Does the McDonalds access point use WEP? If not, you won't be able to connect unless you either have a DSi or the access point isn't encrypted at all.

7. sexywogboy

I think I might move closer to McDonalds and get me some free internet on my laptop. :p

8. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

The DS wifi, in my belief, only works on a wifi router with "IEEE 802.11b/g". In my opinion, McDonalds wifi does not support that if you failed to connect to it.

I, myself, have a wireless router with a wep key and it runs smoothly when I try to go wifi.

9. sexywogboy

I use the good old Nintendo Wifi USB Connector for my DS and Wii needs. Never given me a problem.

10. chaunceez

guys it does not have a wep its for free and no spamming here too

11. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Where could you get one of those from ???

12. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

in some malls where you could buy accessories and games for your DS

13. sexywogboy

I bought mine from EBgames early last year, or even the year before. I heard it got discontinued, but I'm sure you could find one on Ebay. It's such a great device, that all you need to do is put it in a USB port and it gives you a wireless access point for your DS and Wii.

I'm sorry, but if I were you I'd give up with the whole McDonald's thing. I'd get a wireless router, or you could go to Ebgames and use their free connection.

14. diskjocki

Interesting... Too bad I don't have paypal :(

15. sexywogboy

You live in Australia right? I use bank deposit when I buy via Ebay. All you need is a bank close by and money :p

16. diskjocki

Yeah I live in Western Australia. You can do that? Awesome... How?

17. sexywogboy

Make sure you sign up for a free account on Ebay first. Then go to the page where the item you want to bid or buy is and scroll down the page until you see "Payment Options". If it supports Bank Deposit than you can bid for the item.

Using bank Deposit is great for someone like me. All you have to do is have the details of the seller's bank account (Which you will recieve once you win the bid) and pay for the item at the Commonwealth Bank. Then you will recieve the item like normal through mail.

18. diskjocki

Awesome... I'll try it out in a few days.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not anymore, Ebay now only allow paypal.

20. sexywogboy

That's not the case here in Australia. I just bought an item off Ebay via Bank Deposit.

Take a look at this item on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SKIES-OF-ARCADIA-SEGA-DREAMCAST-COMPLETE-A_W0QQitemZ370237137340QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_PC_Video_Games_Games?hash=item5633da61bc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Notice how the payment method supports Bank Deposit, just like 90% of other items I see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.