1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wifi for desmume

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Harpo D, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Harpo D

Harpo D New Member

this is a question
    i have desmume 0.9.9 JIT how do i use wifi on it (in pokemon BW2)

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Just for your info, it'll soon be pointless trying to play Pokémon BW 1 and BW 2 via online, it's going to be closing down starting 2 months time and fully offline by January 2014.

3. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

Only the features which are associated with the Global Link website will close down.
    GTS, Random Matches (non rated) as well as trading and battling via friendcode will still be possible.

Not every DeSmuME version supports WiFi.
    Here's a guide about that:
    [TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Most would by then require exchanging friend code instead of Game Sync ID. Which in that case needs IR, something that DeSmuMe and other DS emulators lack of. I'm not sure many would still be choosing to play BW 1 or BW 2 by the time X & Y is released.

I didn't know there's a topic for that DeSmuMe WIFI. :p

5. Harpo D

Harpo D New Member

well if thts true lets hope by the time they get here they have different ways to evolve pokemon besides trading so i dont have to cheat or use a randomizer

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Try asking the owner of this site to make a Pokemon BW Hack meant for playing on an emulator, meaning trade evolutions having been eliminated:

http://lsaentertainment.yolasite.com/games.php

So far he's made "emu optimized" hacks for the GEN I to GEN III games, but he's currently working on a unique hack of Fire Red.