1. This forum is in read-only mode.

why wont cheat databases for HGSS included event pokemon codes

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by p_wba, Mar 18, 2010.

1. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

I want to do the cool events in this game but my acekard cheats from gbatemp dont have any event codes, is there a way to add them myself like a action replay? btw i tried using pokesav but it's just too complicated for me.

any help would be much appreciated.

2. DarkSylux

DarkSylux Active Member

i may not be right but i honestly think that there are no Event cheats for HGSS is because those events were not made for HGSS, only D/P/Pt. for example with the Jirachi even that is/was occurring: they could not be downloaded onto HGSS, only the 4th gen games. therefore, they are not compatible with HGSS and thus no cheats. use the cheats on a 4th gen game and just trade them over. problem solved. 8)

3. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

Because with Pokesav, they don't need to.

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Correct. So far, all of the current events are D/P/Pt, which activate in-game events in HGSS. Also, no matter how much damn tinkering you do with an AR, it will NEVER be able to replicate the necessary in-game event pokemon needed for HGSS. You can attempt to AR an Arceus in there, but because it does not have the specifications of the TRU Arceus (or one similar to), it will NOT unlock the Sinjoh Ruins in HGSS. (I mentioned this in the other thread)

However, if you use pokesav on D/P/Pt and download the TRU Arceus wondercard, you can give yourself the Arceus needed for the event. Once you have the pokemon in D/P/Pt, you can save it as a .PKM file, and reload that file into your HGSS save file via the Storage Box, and voila, you have your event Arceus on your HGSS game, no trading required. I already mentioned I did this in the other thread.

Pokesav > AR

I hope this is the last thread asking for AR cheats when you have a perfectly good program that practically hands you everything you need.

5. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

I think they changed events and now they're not coded inside the game anymore. Guessing this since the PokéWalker works this way.

6. insanecrazy07

Maybe because the majority of the events' catalysts are event-distributed pokemon (from D/P/Pt), not items. The only one I know of is the Enigma Stone.

7. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Which does what? I'm not too fond of transfering 14 legendaries from my Platinum save, XD.

8. insanecrazy07

It gives you the opposite of the Lati@s duo, whichever one isn't native to your version.
    You make transferring seem like it's a real pain in the ass...
    If you have them on a Platinum .sav file, you can save the pokemon legendaries as PKM files, and reload them directly into your HGSS .sav file using the HGSS Pokesav. No trading necessary. The only ones you'd have to trade over are Pikachu-colored Pichu, TRU Arceus, Gamestop Jirachi, and that's it. The Celebi needed for the special event isn't out yet in the US.

Why transfer over so many legendaries anyway since you can use the TRU Arceus to obtain Dialga, Palkia AND Giratina, and you can catch 12 other legendaries in-game...

9. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

I don't have acess to any pokémon events, since I'm not American or live in any coutry that carries events like that. All the legendaries I have I used AR codes. I also did the traditional way of cathing Regigigas (having the other 3 regis). And completing the dex the traditional way but using the calculator code.

They changed the Celebi event? I'm still assuming you need the 26 Unown and the GS Ball.

10. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Get a friend to trade let you borrow their jaraichi if thats what youre looking for.

11. insanecrazy07

Downloading Wondercards is the EXACT PURPOSE of replacing events you don't have access to. I can take an Australian event, be somewhere in America, and have it downloaded to my save. In fact, I don't even need WiFi set up on my DS to do this.

Look on serebii.net for the Celebi thing. It's not what you think it is...

I'm running around in circles again. It's either (or a combination) they:
    -think the AR is the answer to all their problems on Pokemon
    -have never heard of Pokesav
    -think it's too hard to comprehend
    -still thinks the AR is "easier"

You can sit there and AR legendaries that scream HACKED to anyone that inspects them, or you can pokesav them where the only way to really tell is whether you know the person is a SAVer or not.

There is virtually no excuse for not using pokesav, besides going 100% legit, which if you're in this thread, you're obviously not going legit any time soon.

12. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Only found one purpose for wondercards which was transfering PBR Pikachu for a friend. I could use Pokésav, but would be easier if someone posted the given pokémon stats somewhere, since It took me a somewhat long time to find a site with wondercards and still not having any wondercards I found useful. Actually, how a AR Pokémon would be considered 100% hacked, since you only get the event item for it on Pt?

Also, I saw both legendary events, and I hope this works with the Arceus I have. The Celebi event seemed kinda meh.

13. insanecrazy07

Well any Azure Flute Arceus/Oak's Letter Shaymin as of this moment are 100% hacked, since Ninty hasn't done the event yet...(probably never will).
    The only item-based event that is legal is the Member Card Darkrai, and the Rotom forms.

Everything else screams HACKED. All nondistributed Arceus, and Shaymins are hacked.
    Good luck unlocking the Sinjoh Ruins without a TRU Arceus, and without using Pokesav.

OK. I'll post stats:
    Make a Modest Suicune originating from Fire Red, with no relevant IV being less than 30, that also has Hidden Power Electric, base power 70, as well as Surf, Calm Mind, and Ice Beam, holding a Life Orb, having 252 SpA EVs, 252 Spe EVs, 6 HP EVs, without using Pokesav at all.

Once you have that made, then you can use pokesav to load your .sav file and save the Suicune as a .PKM. Run it through Legal.exe and post the results in a screenshot so we can see. Your result must say Uncommon GBA, the same result as actually catching one in Fire Red. If you had to guess, I've already made this one.

If you can get that, then I'll admit the AR is on-par with Pokesav.
    If you say no, then try the next example.

If you want a real use out of Wondercards, make a TRU Arceus without using Pokesav or a distribution ROM. That's actually harder than my first example...

My point is that Pokesav makes hacked pokemon undetectable, where the AR can't even pull off the simplest of hacks without throwing a red flag.

14. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Actually, I never said AR was superior do Pokésav. And I use Pokésav also to do stuff like changing moves and stuff on a regular basis. I only used AR cheats once, since I didn't had luck finding wondercards for the given legendaries.

On the pokésav thing, I read somewhere that the Thrash bites have to do with how "Legal.exe" and the game identifies Pokémon. Also, I could never choose the Hidden Power type on Pokésav, it just spells Hidden Power.

15. insanecrazy07

Hidden Power is directly determined by the IVs, so yes, you can choose the Hidden Power. With any non-bred pokemon, the PID/IV relationship must be valid, and depending on the type, whether GBA, NDS, or event, the Type of PID must also match. This is the whole point of Legal.exe, and trash bytes are needed for Pal Parked pokemon. You need a PC to apply the trash bytes, and without this crucial step, all you've made is a hacked pokemon that is easily detected by Legal.exe. Besides TrashBytes.exe, Pokesav can also do this, but you'll have to enter in the values manually.

You have a lot to learn before you can create legit-looking hacks. Hidden Power for one, PID/IV relationships, and TrashBytes.
    Without the understanding of PID/IV relationships, all of your legendaries have invalid PIDs if you changed a single IV, and any of them that are supposedly Pal Parked, are also invalid because of it missing Trash Bytes. This is the difference between a noob hacker and an expert.

Wondercards are convenient because for any 4th gen event distributed via Mystery Gift, they are essentially undetectable as a hack. If you want a VGC 09 Milotic, the wondercard contains all of the data necessary to make one exactly as if you were at the event. It also provides randomized stats, as well as the corresponding PID. Without this simulation, creating one from scratch using an AR or even Pokesav is difficult to do. Even if you obtain a legit copy of this Milotic, you only have ONE instance, not the theory. It's like saying you only know 2 + 2 = 4, not x + x = 2x.

It is one thing to hack, it is a completely different story if the hack is undetectable.

16. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

so no1 will put event codes in a database? xD pokesav is really complicated! but i guess it's the only way...err. i have another question, i have the Event Arceus on my platinum rom is there a way to transfer it to HGSS? like trade it by bypassing the classic ribbon it holds?

17. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member