1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why is the Tutorial Section Closed for Posting?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dillsan, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Dillsan

Dillsan Member

I could post quite a few graphics, programming, coding and web design tutorials. Most other boards don't have the tutorial section closed for posting, just wondering why it's closed for posting.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Because we only want quality tutorials that are mostly related to emulation. If you want graphics tutorial then do so in the graphics section. Programming would have to be DS related or otherwise emulation related etc.

Therefore we move post to tutorials when a good one is submitted.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Err...just to add from experience, prehaps contact the mod for that section to move it for you incase it's missed.

But put this in front to make it clear.

[TUTORIAL]

It works most of the time...

4. Dillsan

Dillsan Member

Cool beans Seph. I didn't want to post tutorials outside of their proper section.

5. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Or you can Pm the admins for access. That is what i read.

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

@Jonez Only for temporary access.

There is also an explanation for this. Since Loony was sick of spamming, he posted a NEW RULES thread in the tutorial section and removed all the spam and crappy tutorials. Only Premium Members and Mods access the tutorial section.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

WHat does being premium members get such special access, do you have evidence of this?

A premium is just like us, they just pay for better speeds and connections.

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'm pretty sure it was set up that way before although whether or not it is now, I'm not aware.

The logic to my understanding was that if people were willing to pay, then they were much less likely to do stupid shit like post spam in the tutorial section.

We did a lot of things with the premium memberships back when they were new that never really went anywhere so it just ended up being a shiny badge with nicer download speeds and the option for unlimited connections. I like how it's set up now honestly.