1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why is Nintendo DS Better?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by zex_08, Jul 19, 2009.

1. zex_08

zex_08 New Member

???Why is Nintendo DS the better ?
    Answer , if you're a DS fan !

Comment why does you think that DS is the better console.

2. eildus

eildus Active Member

The NDS is not a console.

It's a handheld.

My opinion however, NDS isn't bad, just as good as the GBA in terms of game quality.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's a sturdy console that can take alot on punishment-leave it in the hands of a kid and see how long it last compared t0o other consoles and portables :)

Good variety of games, it tried to do new things, and it's fun (obviously)!

Though my one get's seldom used now that I hacked a psp, I still show nintendo alot of support-I only download old games-psp I dump my own games and save downloads/cash XD

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I prefer the PSP actually. The PSP has fun creative indie games, like Loco Roco, Patapon, Badman and Half Minute Hero coming out.

5. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

i acually think the GBA had better quality games. there wasent a single one i din't enjoy
    now there are mainly DS game trying to be a console and most of them chuck gameplay for something else
    im not saying ds is bad but i didn't enjoy its games as much as the GBAs

6. eildus

eildus Active Member

I'd say the same if it wasn't for the fact of the rather, pointless remakes. :{

and Megaman BattleNetwork series. Didn't like that at all.

7. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Count me in. Too much Kiddie-,Casual- and Girlie-Games in my opinion. But that won`t change the fact that the DS is a good Handheld.

8. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

GB>GBA>PSP>DS

9. Sarah Kreuz

??? What dos that mean ??? :)

So the first in your own ranking is DS, followed by the PSP ?

10. GothiqueFTW

GothiqueFTW Well-Known Member

I think he means thea Ds is last.

11. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

If i were to hack a PSP i'd probably like that more, but for the time being i really enjoy having all these retro and new games on my flash cart which makes it my favorite hand held so far....now to get my hands on an original psp....

12. Vainone

Vainone Well-Known Member

GB Better than GBA which is better than PSP, which in turn is better than DS.

GB Being the greatest.
    DS being the worst.

13. Sarah Kreuz

oh...okay. So the greatest one is to the left. Than it should be in the history of Handhelds:

GBA>GB>Game Gear>DS>PSP>Atari Lynx

...but that`s only my point of view :)

14. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

PSP=DS>GBA>GB

That's my opinion.

15. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

If your doing history on hand helds you should add Neo Geo Pocket,Neo Pocket Color,GP32,Wonder Swan, also Turbo Express and Sega Nomad should be considered hand helds even if it uses the carts from the consoles. There are probably more I have forgotten about.

On topic:
    I prefer NDS and GBA over PSP for the actual games that are offered. There might be less that 10 games I like on PSP.

[Edit] for clarification GP32 stands for Game Park 32(Bit) released in Korea huge homebrew handheld I think GP2X The Wiz is the newest incarnation.... google it if you want to know more about it.

16. [Game|Freak]

[Game|Freak] Well-Known Member

Nintendo DS is a great hand held because of it's variety of games and because of its touchscreen; being the only one of it's kind. The PSP is an okay hand held but it lacks a good library of games but it seems as though recently there has been an outbreak of good games coming out for the PSP and more on the way.

17. Sarah Kreuz

:) in fact i ment MY personal history. Never heard of "Wonder Swan", "Turbo Express" and...what...?..."GP32". hmm....As a child i owned a lot of these simple, but funny, LCD-Games. Handhelds also...if you like to say. Had to feed them with Batteries from my Grandmas Hearing aid. :)

all are just talking about the games from the DS. what about the combined things like Double Screen/Touchscreen/mic. Things that makes this handheld very unique?

18. musiclegend14

Does anyone else think Nintendo would probably benefit from coming out with a new hand held game that goes back to the GBA and prior roots. 2D graphics...no touch screen, just revamp the graphics kind of like what pokemon is doing.

Think about it, almost anyone you ask thinks the GBA and prior hand helds were better than the NDS, and a lot of people consider the "2 1/2D" games on the DS the best games out for it (like chrono trigger, new super mario bros, custom robo arena). Going back to the old style will force game developers to focus more on the story and game play than how cool they can make the graphics.

I'd certainly love to see something like that.

19. eildus

eildus Active Member

People may thin it has some better games, but from what I've seen the NDS has way better sales and not everyone likes 2D games either.

20. musiclegend14

every system or handheld that comes out with have people who like it and don't like it. I just think that if Nintendo did make another hand held like that, it would sell really well because there is a large audience who do like 2D games. Plus there's also people who don't buy hand held games anymore because they think 3D Should be left to the console systems...So if Nintendo did release something like this it could sell just as well as the NDS, if not it wouldn't be far behind and they definitely wouldn't lose money.