1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why is it that the options for Downloading is "Find", "Save" and "Cancel"

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Lukong, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

I can't download it because it can't save on a library computer someone change the options to "Open", "Save" and "Cancel". I am sure if some one found this site they should know how to Open a file and not a site telling you the program to open it with!!!!!!!!

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

When you download you just should click "Save", and then it'll download the file automatically.

I'm not sure I'm getting the point here, though.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Im not sure im getting the point either, but it looks like you're asking us to change the options you get while downloading. The options you have while downloading a file have nothing to do with RomUlation, they are completely dependant on your browser and any plug ins and add ons you may have. Save will save it to disk, Cancel obviously cancels, and Open will download the file to a temp folder and then open it. However with most files on RomUlation you need winrar or similar to open either the .rar file or the .7z file. Zipped and compressed files are pretty standard these days and you should get used to using them. Most people have acsess to the required programs, we provide links and tutorials for getting and using them. If you are downloading on a public computer and dont have admin access to install winrar, install it on your home PC or a mates PC and save the games that you download onto a flashstick or memory card and unzip them via your PC.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

He's probably using IE, choosing Open may make the download faster, but it won't save, a lesson I learnt from doing an open option on one of the old Chrono Cross UHARC executables.

5. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't remember writing this.

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

it was 2 years ago... no one else remembers it either....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.