1. This forum is in read-only mode.

why i cant download anymore ? T_T

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lobolobo, Feb 26, 2009.

1. lobolobo

lobolobo New Member

guys , when i go to download pages of nds roms.I cant download any files T_T my IDM said : Service Temporarily Unavailable .
    can u guys help me out ? T_T
    and i got a lot of points cause for along time i havent downloaded any thing on this site . So it is not points problem, so wat is this ?

2. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a server problem, and I'm sure Seph is working really hard fixing it.

3. lobolobo

lobolobo New Member

did you guys have that problem too ? or is it just me ? T_T

4. k9tozex

k9tozex Member

hmm i never got this problem :(

5. chivalricone

chivalricone Member

I'm having the same problem with Retro ROMs right now. I don't have a DS emulator, so Idk if that's even still going on, but I know retros are having issues, which is a problem, since I was trying to download the entire Castlevania series up through GBA.

*UPDATE 1*

And, yes, it's ANY ROM labeled as Retro. GB/GBC, Genesis, SNES, NES, all of them.

*UPDATE 2*

Okay, update, I downloaded a DS emulator, and tried downloading Kirby Super Star Ultra, remembering that I loved the original on SNES. It worked. However, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for the DS had the same problem as every retro title I tried.

*UPDATE 3*

WAIT! I've got it. Kirby Super Star Ultra costs 57 points! Retro titles are almost universally 50 MB or less, so they don't cost points. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow also cost zero points (probably because of the compression format). But... free GBA games work... Hmmmm... Try downloading a DS game that costs points

*UPDATE 4*

I checked some other threads and found that they've ordered a new server, because they've been having some overcrowding. The new server is due up on March 1st, so maybe we should try again at that time...

(Finally, man quintuple posting :eek: )

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Err, there's a "Modify" button which allows you to edit your posts.

And the retro problem had nothing to do with the overcrowding, the NA based server had an old file which had a problem with Retro ROMs, it always worked in the Europe server.

7. chivalricone

chivalricone Member

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize. This is my first day on the forums.

So, will it the retro downloads be fixed soon? I've tried other DS downloads and they've been working.