1. This forum is in read-only mode.

why hasn't there been a new kernel for the r4ds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mc_vampz, Oct 18, 2007.

1. mc_vampz

mc_vampz Active Member

ive been using v1.11 for 2 months now all my rom work fine but there usually a new kernel each month i wonder if they have stop updating the r4 now?

by the way the new forum skin looks great

2. schuyler

schuyler New Member

Probably because there haven't been any games that were experiencing problems.

3. NightKry

NightKry Active Member

I read from gbatemp.net that it'll be out next month. And that it'll support SDHC cards.

4. Quavers

Quavers Member

There's one that I know has problems i.e. Ed's Farm gives a white screen.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Programming isn't something that set in stone, you can give a general outline but you can't plan on having x set of features ready every month.

6. modchip

modchip Member

Errr... why do you want a new one, does the one you have doesn't work and are you experiencing problems with it?

7. deathkami

deathkami New Member

really?
    that's great!
    but i have heard that it is impossible for the r4 to run with SDHC cards because it is encrypted differently...
    but maybe they did find another way...

8. Ohji

Ohji Well-Known Member

I want Pearl to be able to link up with Pokemon: Battle Revolution. >_> <_<

9. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

well..... they have your money, they dont need to update anymore because that wouldnt make them more money.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

thats not true. They need to keep updating it to attract more customers.

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

R4 is already perfect as it is...what else that needed to fixs?

99% of the games run on R4 without a problem, the other 0.9% didnt have the v1.1 kernel and 0.1% have a bad dump.

Connection to Wii is not a "must" in R4...its not a planed feature, the original goal for R4 is to run Roms and HomeBrew with out a problem....and it is achiving that goal just fine.

Additional feature such as "Wii" conectivity is not an importance feature to run the games....you can play Pokemon Pearl just fine without connecting the Wii...if you want to connect to Wii so badly, get the game cart, if you want to be cheap dont complain or get another Product.

12. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Actually, Wii connectivity is planned for the next R4 update.

Here's the list of planned things for the next update:

SDHC Support
    Wii Connectivity
    Game fixes

I won't believe the SDHC deal until I see it though.

13. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

I wonder how much money they actually make?

14. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

How can it be perfect is only 99% of games work? If there's a thought of feature that isn't there?

I don't believe anything to be perfect, RomUlation certainly isn't. There are loads of things I could improve which sadly costs too much or takes too long, but that still means it's not perfect.

15. manny2260

manny2260 Well-Known Member

perfect is nothing they can always improve like being able to play gba game some how, people say it "impossible" but thats what they said about hydrogen fueling cars but theyre close to making it happen