1. This forum is in read-only mode.

why do you love or hate the country where you live

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rick4ever, Aug 22, 2009.

1. rick4ever

rick4ever Well-Known Member

Hi, this is my first topic. But that's not important :eek:. This topic is about why you love the country where you live. I live in Holland. And i love my country because of: the nice people, the nature, we know seasons (spring,summer,autumn and the winter) and our food. I know this is not really much, but enough for me.

(btw, i don't know if this topic already exists and excuse me for my bad english sometimes. I still gotta learn some grammar and stuff XD)

2. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

Re: why you love the country where you live

like this one??

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=19322.0

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

duplicate topic, locked.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If you really want to get technical, these two topics are not exactly the same. The other topic was asking "Where you (anybody who would post in there) live", whist this one is asking "Why you love (but I do hope hating your country could also be stated here as well) your country".

For now unlocking this, until the higher ups deem this not worthy for discussion.

Anyway, the one thing I do love about our country is how our National identity is not entirely our own, it's the result of centuries of colonization, oppression & influences by several other older & well-established countries from all over the world.

Our "Native" ancestors didn't even "own" this country in the beginning. Our Geological/Anthropological records tell us that the native nomadic tribes from Borneo found their way here to our country by means of land bridges from larger land masses of Asia. These early people were Nomadic in nature but as soon as they got here they decided to settle in these 7,107 islands of ours.

Then came influences from China, The Arab nations who later founded the Islamic countries here in Southeast Asia, The Europeans (Spanish, Dutch & the British, but we became the property Spain for over 300 years), the American & last were the Japanese.

So yeah in essence we have our own identity, but it's the result of the mixture of a lot of this from everywhere :D

But God I hate the Politics here :(

5. sylky0604

but he also asked people to tell him why/what they did or did not like...

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

And so that's why I did on my reply to his thread.

In the other thread, you were not exactly asked what you like or dislike about your country, we ourselves who posted there said what we liked/disliked after we said where we are from. This one directly asks that.

7. sylky0604

so this doesn't count ? :

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Hmm... I guess my reasoning might fail here, so anyway, he (naruto) posted what you quoted after several posts to his thread, ergo what I said about the participants in his thread starting to talk about things they like/dislike about where they (again the participants) live in on impulse, where as the OP here stated that matter in the beginning of his post.

Another way of looking at it is by not outright telling where you live on your reply just like what I did, I just stated what I like/dislike about my country but I did not tell from which country I'm from.

9. sylky0604

oh ok i get :)

10. sirchewie

sirchewie Active Member

so every post in this topic is whether its approved or not? lol. I live in the US and i love it bc..... well actually its hard to love it now with all the debt and horrible government but i would have to say i like the people, the fact that we have full shelves on every store we go into, technology everywhere, and how diverse the country is bc we adapt things from so many different countries into our own culture

11. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

and thus already off topic.

but my 2 cents in is I never said I loved where I live I was born here, but would rather be somewhere else but I also can't have everything. :-\

12. Counterstrike

Counterstrike Well-Known Member

Im from bangladesh and i luv it there cuz the nice ppl and the food over there lol :)

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I love Canada because of the stereotypes, the variety of land, the multicultural culture, and because I love the winter. I also like the system that we have in place for our government, and our mixed economy.

Although I don't like Canada because of the government and Nickleback. The government sucks because he's trying to pull us away from our system of a mixed economy. That he's almost a carbon copy of Bush except a bit smarter. Nickleback sucks because it's god damn Nickleback.

14. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

The things here are cheap, although it imported from other countries:p
    Some people here are friendly, but many of them are bad guy though..
    And I love the food :p

15. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

I live in canada, BC to be specific, and we get free healthcare among otherthings like hosting the 2010 olimpics. Oh and our slogan/motto is "the best place on earth"

16. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

because we have philippine allstars and a member of jabbawockeez being filipinoes!
    and other well known artist too

but i hate politics in here just like cahos
    but im thinking of running as sk

17. rick4ever

I haven't watch this topic for a while because i thought it was closed(?). But anyways, feel free to leave your messages. I will appreciate it very much because this is my one and only topic on romulation :].

18. three_strangers

three_strangers Well-Known Member

I live in the U.S.A. and...
    I love it because it's freaking America. We do random stuff cause we can.
    I hate it because it's freaking America. We're (for most of the population) obese or ignorant. Darn America.

19. rick4ever

Yea Random stuff is good =]. It's such a shame that we 'copy' the random stuff they do in America and not make our own things in holland. (my opinion).

20. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

England, Preston.
    I love and hate it.
    I would be proud to say I'm from England but at the same time, I want to move away from England as soon as I can.