1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do some women have short hair?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChevyNovaSS, Jul 4, 2010.

1. ChevyNovaSS

ChevyNovaSS Well-Known Member

I dont get why women would have short hair. It does not look attracive or edgey, if you were in the army than its ok but i just dont get it. Long hair is like a sign of freedom. I also dont why some women restrain their hair every single day if you put it up every day than why not just make it a bit shorter. I think women should have at least shoulder length hair. Justin Beiber length hair is supid on guys or girls, it not long and its not short, its just stupid. And before anyone goes OMG sexist guy here! or somthin like that i have Hair that is about 4 inches past my shoulders and its very curly and if i can keep my hair clean than anyone can. And ote in cutting it to just above shoulder length after i graduate High School next year.

2. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Why would men want to have long hair?
    Because they like it.
    This is for me a really, really stupid question...

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

If you want women to have long hair, then short hair is a sign of freedom.

People can look however they want to look, and if you don't agree with that, then that's your problem.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Why do you have long hair? Hippy? *disgust*

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

hey I resent that! not that my hair is particularly long but I do have it shoulder length at times.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's called freedom of expression...

[me=ace1o1]tries to refrain from typing rest of the line...[/me]

I personally hate long hair on myself. That's why mine never gets longer than an inch...if that.

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

This topic reminded me that I need a haircut. I can't stand having it long enough that I actually have to bother making it look good...

For the rant or whatever, I don't see why it matters. I'm not particularly attracted to the women with the incredibly short hair, but I imagine there are people who are into that sort of thing. Let them keep their stuff the way they like it and you do so for yourself.

Simple, right?

8. Grishnackh

Grishnackh Member

Pff.. it's bloody hair, I had mine about 70 cm long which I only cut because it became to warm during the summer.
    Being a guy with about 1 cm long hair you could say I now look normal, then again what's normal these days? So many gorgeous looking girls around with short hair.

9. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Interesting... Only men are replying.

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I just got a haircut recently. My hair is the shortest it's been in years. :p

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I can't say I really want or would look good with short hair.

I don't really care as long as the length is suiting to the person. I know some girls or men who look good with short hair, and I know some that look good with long hair.

12. p4tman

p4tman Guest

Indeed, some people like long hair on a woman some like long hair if you don't like it to bad.

Also if we're talking about out hair, I have a Fro, haven't cut it ( only trimmed once in awhile) in about a year and a half.

13. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

We understand each other :p

14. OP is an idiot.
    I'm a chick that has relatively short hair (think sorta asian style, y'know the cut, kinda longer in the back but not a mullet).
    I would LOVE to have long hair. The kind OP is thinking of obviously (the kind they show you on those shampoo commercials, OH ITS SO LONG AND SILKY. HOW PRETTY.) But my hair just doesn't grow like that. :/ It's too thick and ends up turning into a "heat bag" as people in my family call it.
    And yes OP, you aren't sexist your just ignorent. I'm graduating high school next year too. To think someone would make a thread like this thats the same age as me is disheartening.
    I would love to know what hole OP has been living in to come up with this sort of mentality.

15. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

I think that they would have les trouble drying their hair...

16. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It really depends on how short. For the most part, what I consider to be short hair on a woman really doesn't look that bad at all. For some females I know, I couldn't see them having longer hair. If it's practically buzz cut short, it's still just another form of expression.

As I'm a dude, I just cut all my hair off every few months and let it grow back again.

17. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

Haircuts are another way the man keeps us down! And, Hitler got haircuts. Plus, you short haired bastards can't headbang like me. I have to be careful, I could kill someone.

To the topic at hand; hop back in your god damn time machines and go back to wherever the hell you came from. Them womens canz do whatever. Besides, if you judge how sexy a woman is based on her hair length, then you're couch is fucked forever.

Heres the real question: Why do the ladies let plastic surgeons change them from individuals into cookiecutter-like clones?

18. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Maybe these women with short hair have gone through kemo therapy recently and their hair still growing back. Maybe they are insecure in their feminism and they believe the only way for them to establish a tangible existence through their alter persona is by cutting their hair short. Maybe they are trying to break free from the patriarchal ideologies that society has imposed on their roles in life, and by cutting their hair shorter they believe that is a form of expressing independence and control of their own destinies (ie-if you can maintain a healthy yet stylish hair style, then what can't you do?). Maybe they like the easiness of maintaing short hair or maybe because they just like the looks of their hair being short. I could think of a few hundred reasons why women, or men, would want their hair short. Who knows, and honestly who cares?
    miros

19. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

I find it really funny that all of the man here are answering for the women :p
    But really, this is kinda a pointless question.

20. wsemerald

wsemerald Member

Agreed