1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why did my posting disappear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by speedster001, Nov 18, 2013.

1. speedster001

speedster001 New Member

Hi On sunday 17/11/13 I posted a question on how to burn downloaded ps2 games to disc so that they would play on my ps2 console and when I logged in this morning to see if anyone had answered, my post had disappeared. Could someone give me a reason for this. If it is because I posted in the wrong place I apoligise but would be grateful for any advise

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If it was merely posted in the wrong section, the admin/moderator would simply move it to the proper section/sub-section, not delete it. If it went missing/removed/deleted without prior notification/private message. That could means that you'd violated a rule in the forum. Admin/Moderators has the rights to remove any posts which they deem as violation to the rules. In the case of this topic you just started, it's posted in the wrong section (not a big deal), should have been posted http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=31.0 if the intention is ask the moderator/admin of this forum. I sure whoever deleted/removed your post has a reason for doing so. It's quite normal, so don't take it too hard, take it easy. If it was a severe violation, you'd by now be warned via PM, temporary banned or permanent banned.

My advice would be for you to read the pinned topic rules regarding starting topics in the section which can be found in each respective sections, and the general forum rules : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=4313.0. Also refrain from posting links to rom sites, advertising rom sites, providing rom download links hosted by other rom sites, advertising flash cartridge reseller sites, posting abusive/offensive pictures/video, abusing emocation symbols and punctuations (including capital letters as well as font size and color), don't ask for warez or even provide links to such program that require buying it or cracking it (especially PC programs), don't use other languages besides English, and no offensive words or pick fights with other members/cyber bullying. When posting, be sure to post in the correct section, be very informative, and be polite (no demanding as if people owe you something).

So, from what I'd stated in the above, have you now any idea why it's missing? Did you violated any of the above DON'Ts in that missing post of yours? If you have, next time avoid violating the rules to avoid it removed/deleted, including to avoid getting warned/banned.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

theres only one deletion that could have been yours, but deleted topics leave no trace in the log so I don't know what it was that got deleted, or who posted it. Seph would have to elaborate on what it was and why it was deleted, since it was him that deleted it.

4. speedster001

speedster001 New Member

Many thanks for speedy reply and I don't think I did anything wrong, so please advice. I asked a question about playing a downloaded ps2 game and burning to disc and I posted in the ps2 section so i would welcome your advise. also if I would bo obliged if you can find out what I did wrong if anything. Many thanks

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I think your thread was the one posted in the tutorial section. This section is for guides, not for asking for guides. If you post in the technical help section it will go through immediately and not be deleted.