1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why can't I get my themes to work on R4?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zoesmum, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoesmum

zoesmum Member

I am having trouble changing the themes on my R4. I've read how to put them on and that you can only have 12 and they must be labelled the same as the original but I still can't change them. In fact I can't get the originals to change either! Is it something really simple I'm missing. I've reformatted my chip and started again, I downloaded a different version of moonshell in case it's that. I can see the 12 themes but I cant change them. I have downloaded the one I want into theme11 (because it keeps defaulting to this as it's Nov) but it seems to just merge both pictures - the original and the new. I'm sure I'm missing something really silly but I just can't get it. Any ideas please?

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Try pressing Select...?

3. zoesmum

zoesmum Member

I know I'm a numptie but even I've tried that

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If it's changing into some sort of combination of the old and new theme, it means you haven't deleted all the old theme info from it.

Delete everything in the theme11 folder and put the new theme11 folder on your card.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

A moderator made this tutorial...

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=7694.0

Does that help?

6. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

You won't use the rest of the themes right? Delete all of them and put the only theme you want to use in themes folder and rename it to THEME01. Make sure it has BCKGRD_1.BMP, BCKGRD_2.BMP, ICONS.BMP, and LOGO.BMP. The theme may also has THEME.INI... :)

7. zoesmum

zoesmum Member

I've tried all that. The only thing that's different is that it's in capitals. I'll try that now

8. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Humm... changing the capitals actually won't really change anything... there have to be something else that's wrong...

9. zoesmum

zoesmum Member

Re: Why can\'t I get my themes to work on R4?

No still doesn't work. It's like the select button doesn't work. The individual themes are there but I can't load them on the DS. The home page is still scrambled.
    Post Merge: [time]1258813035[/time]
    How does the ds know how to change the month? Does it change the theme automatically? I've just swapped theme03 for theme11. That works but it's defaulted to March, and I still cant chose a different theme from the menu.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your DS has a time setting in it. Month, Day, Year, Hour, Minute, etc. It knows what time it is.

By changing theme11 for theme03, you changed the November theme to March, that is why it is showing the March theme now.

11. zoesmum

zoesmum Member

I've changed it back and started again.

I notice that the picture on the front of the theme folder is still the original one but the files it holds are the ones I replaced them with!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.