1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whos Your Favourite Game Developer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jadin72, Jan 13, 2008.

1. jadin72

jadin72 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys! (and a few girls)

Just post your favourite game developer, and say why. Examples are Bungie, Insomniac, Crazydog etc.

My favourite is Insomniac, because of Spyro and Ratchet and Cank. Both great, solid platform games, really the only rival to Ratchet and Clank is Jak & Daxter. (i mean in their kind of game style)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Crytek, because of Far Cry, and whoever made Painkiller

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

One hit wonders, all of them.

We need true classics, Westwood Studios (Command & Conquer), Sierra (The Settlers, amongst others), Ensemble Studio (Age of Empire), LucasArt (Jedi Knight, Monkey Island etc.)

There are probably many more studios which have contributed greatly to game development but most will be before my time. :)

4. ultra

ultra Guest

isn't westwood studios dead?? sierra is still alive, they were probably the most contributive to the pc as they developed some great games for pc back then.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

They're working at other studious now yeah but that doesn't mean we have to forget what they did.

6. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

My favorite was Rare, because they made almost EVERY N64 masterpiece (banjo-kazooie, donkey kong, james bond, perfect dark, diddy kong racing) Now though, I just cant find a publisher that really makes good games and can stay on a roll.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Square soft before the great Square Enix merger & before Hironobu Sakaguchi & pals left to create Myst Walker studios also I don't like Yoshitaka Amano's styleof character design :p

8. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

The Heck?? I dont see no Konami, why is that. Famous titles like (My favourite) Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Castlevania were all developed by Konami. And Konami has been in the gaming business for as long as I can remember. Since the era where consoles still used catridges.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

To Solus:

Well now there is!! You posted you like Konami!! Besides this thread's kinda new so people who may like Konami may write that in later, well ok I like Konami too, especially THE LEGENDARY Konami code: UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A START ;D

10. jadin72

jadin72 Well-Known Member

i forgot about sierra! homeworld and pharoahs were my favourite ones from them.

11. lepermessiah

lepermessiah Active Member

My favorite developers is Square-Enix probably but my favorite publisher is Treasure.

-LM

12. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Insomniac and Capcom are my favorite developers.

13. Void

Void Well-Known Member

All the greats.

Square-Enix (Squaresoft <3), Valve, Rare. Then the bigger ones like Capcom and Konami of course.

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Squaresoft(Enix), Insomniac, Konami and others.

15. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Kojima Production of course ;D....

oh wait..they are part of Konami ;D

anyway i always love Konami's game.....my most favorite game from Konami is Metal Gear Solid (series), Silent Hill (series) and Zone of Enders (series?)

btw Kojima Production is working on Metal Gear Online

16. Xile

Xile Active Member

Seph. What about Gravity?