1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Who Wants to be a Superhero?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Yeah yeah it's geeky & it's down right childish but this un-reality show really got me hooked ;D

I'm not sure how old the show is but the gist of it is legendary Comic book superhero creator Stan Lee wants a new superhero for a comic or Cartoon or something down the line. So, he set up this show kinda like (place name of country here) Idol, but with adult superhero geeks as contestants. There was an actual audition where thousands of "children" lined up & showed their Superhero costume creation & showed what they can supposedly do. Then a group was selected & like other shows like it, challenges were set to test how much of a Superhero they are.

I'm going out on a limb here & say that I love this show & am hoping (wishing actually) that this gets localized here because God damn I'd join!! So laugh all you want guys, I don't mind ;D

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I always fancied taking part in Raven (BBC scotland gameshow for kids) where they take on the personas of celtic warriors led by a powerful sorcerer named Raven (so named because he can turn into a raven) who is trying to save his land from the evil Nevar (inverse raven :p) . The kids have to complete challenges (all outdoors), such as target archery, sometimes alone, sometimes in pairs, and sometimes in their teams, competing against each other. the winner of all the challenges gets their own power staff like Raven's and a family holiday to the destination of their choosing. They are encouraged by Raven at every stage; what impressed me most is he NEVER says anything unpleasent or belittling. Even when they fail a challenge he has only words of encouragement for them. Even as they are about to leave (i.e lowest score) they are given one last chance to retain their place, by successfully navigating an assault course known as 'the way of the warrior'. If they fail that, they have to leave, but Raven always says something nice to them before they go. It is all done in period costume and they are all renamed with celtic names for the duration of the show.

[​IMG]

3. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

I used to love that when I was younger! No way I'm going on some children's "reality" TV show though... :p

4. Loonylion

My best mate kept trying to get me to sign up for it, despite my being 20 at the time :p

5. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

Lol. I can just imagine it...
    "Loony are you ready to face the Path of the Warrior?"
    :p

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

So something like that isn't new eh?

Anyway, the show (the one I mentioned) seems to have followed the one you guys were talking about. But the contestants are adults, one particular "superhero" I'm rooting for is "Fat Momma", as her name says, she's plus sized, & she's a mom too. She entered this funky contest to impress her kids & show the world that being over weight isn't a reason to belittle people.

[​IMG]

OK, so I google'd the show, it was aired last year.

7. Shuvo01

Shuvo01 Well-Known Member

Lmafo.Now thats a superhero.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

First of all, the show was aired a year ago, so basically I could just google the whole thing & see who won, but I won't just because I liked the concept.

Second, I retract my support for Fat Mooma because yesterday's episode showed her true colours. She's definitely a playah! :p She's just in it for the prizes & fame (grumble) what a fat ass!!

9. Loonylion

So are 99% of the people on TV talent shows and reality shows.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Well let me rephrase, in this show the objective is to "find" a fresh new superhero, unlike in other reality TV shows like Survivor where you can play mind games with the other Castaways. Or Amazing Race or Idol etcetera. Basically the contestants were selling a superhero for kids & comic book fanatics. So things we take for granted like honesty, sincerity & self sacrifice should play an important part here.

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I'd rather be a rival/nemesis personally, because I wouldn't have to be completely Evil and I could show cheesy "Superheroes" that they don't always win...

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

True, that's why when this guy Iron Enforcer was elliminated Stan Lee offered him to return as a villain, because his character (Iron Enforcer) feels a bit off as a hero.

13. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

All the ladies love the bad guys too ;)

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Off topic thought:

This reminds me, how come in some movies the bad dudes are better looking than the heroes?

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

A- Girls like mysterious and "bad boy" type men
    B- A lesson- Looks can be decieving
    C- Another lesson- Looks aren't important it's whats on the inside
    D- Certain actors suit roles better than others

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Well okay I got that, like on the "first" Dracula movie ever made, that black & white flick, the vampire was butt ugly so you knew he was the villain. But in other versions they made him good looking so as to justify the plot of him easily enticing girls with his killer charm.

17. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

(because I absolutely hate the actual thing)
    I wanna be a SuperHero =]
    What? I have to be on the show ?
    Screw this.
    I'm gonna play Lego Batman. That way I can be the Villain (|=<

18. g9672001

g9672001 New Member

Superheros to me aren't all that great, Sooner or later the superheros will die and there will be no more There can't always be superheros

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I'd like to see a SuperHero Lass with powers for her boobs lol...