1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Who should i marry? Elmo? Luke skywalker? Or the internet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KMC, May 16, 2007.

1. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Sorry if you had a big speech on marriage planned and sorry for the misleading title. (Happens sometimes when i am bored with just "Need flash cart choosing help") The 2 that i think are my best options are the DSX and the R4. I like the R4 for price mainly and DSX for compatibility. What are your experiences and which one do you think should i choose? But for the record i'd choose Elmo. :-X

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Generally what I hear is that R4DS is the best, the compatability rate is very high too, haven't heard of any games that don't work provided you have a reasonably fast MicroSD flash card. (otherwise freezes may occour in some games such as the Castlevania game.

3. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Any personal experience?

4. Mataloski

Mataloski Member

Luke skywalker.. One. He has the force... Two.. He has a hot sister who you can cheat one. and Three he has to be loaded for saving the rebels from the empires grasp.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you're forgetting elmo is a TV personality who has loads of merchandise made of him...

6. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

How hard is his force?

7. Mataloski

Mataloski Member

Ummm I dunno.. Hes like the gods of all Jedi.. Next to yoda.. maybe marry yoda instead.. But whats the flash cart for? I bought the M3 for the DS cause it came with everything you need for a pretty decent price.

http://www.modchipstore.com/M3-DS-Simply-Slot-1-solution-homebrew-backups-microsd-16418.html

8. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

M3 is definetly out of the roster completely. It's an R4 clone, and it looks strange.

9. Seph

No I don't have any personal experience as I don't have a NDS. But I follow various rom channels on IRC and the general opinion is that R4DS is better.
    Also I've done some research on it since I do run a ROM site. :p

I wrote a small post about the difference of slot 1 and slot 2 cards here:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,575.0.html

R4DS is slot 1

10. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Yeah i think i'll have to go with DSX. I like that you don't have to get all those SD card things and the last time i checked it cost $60!!! :eek: I know a lot about cards but thanks for the link anyways....Wait a second...for cereal!! You run a huge mainly NDS rom site and you don't even own it?!!! Well then what are donations for my friend? The site? Hah.

11. Seph

donations are for the monthly server fees. :)
    So far there haven't been enough donations to consider other usages. .P

12. Loonylion

but a new laptop is first on the list :p

13. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Elmo...so cute

14. stripe

stripe Well-Known Member

and did you buy your flashcard allready?

15. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Did I say that ??...I cant believe I said that...How gay is that...??
    I am thoroughly disappointed in myself..

16. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Have a foursome! ;D

17. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

How much does it cost to run this site ???

18. Seph

More than $600 a month. And that's without considering the time we spend on updating it and such.

19. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

Oh. thats quite a bit...
    So Seph, is all the money you raise done through this site or do you have other outlets?

20. Loonylion

the servers are paid for by the ads most of the time, and in slow periods the shortfall is met from seph's own pocket