1. This forum is in read-only mode.

who here know/love/hate/listen to ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zinectics, Apr 3, 2009.

1. zinectics

zinectics Well-Known Member

so i want to see if any one here in the forums know/love/hate/listen to ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION

because their songs is always ringing in my ears for months now [specially re re]

2. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

Love Asian Kunk fu, also love Larc en Ciel. Both great J-rock bands.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Asian Kung Fu Generation is pretty good, I have most of their CDs and Singles.

But The Pillows are the best :) They have such a classic sound. Like Tiny Boat

FLCL was merely a vessel for The Pillows to play their music through. Without The Pillows, FLCL would have been bland and tasteless.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

God no, I can't disagree with this more, even if FLCL did not have The Pillows backing the nice and great soundtrack it'd still be an amazing anime, there's a lot of depth, and uniqueness to the anime that makes it separate from any other. I love FLCL for many more reasons than just the music.

I only like AKFG better than The Pillows because I haven't heard much of them besides FLCL. So they win by default.

World World World is my favorite album by them and NGS is my favorite song. I love the riff, it's catchy.
    I also love Maximum The Hormone.

5. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

checking them out now

they sound pretty cool :D

and what the hell are all those abbreviations about cause to those that don't know it make not sense

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

FLCL is the name of an anime. FLCL is the name you'll find on the DVDs, it stands for Fooly Cooly (or Furi Kuri, depending on how you romanize it). It's a gibberish phase used during the short, six episode series.

AKFG is Asian Kung Fu Generation.
    NGS is the name of a song from their first CD, Kimi Tsunagi Five M. It may mean something, but it's the actual name.

So really, there was only one abbreviation used, but it was used in place of a name that was already mentioned many times prior in this thread ;)

7. boNie001

boNie001 Member

hate it sorry buddy :(

8. xXHomeboiDXx

xXHomeboiDXx Member

yeh, i've heard their song from a Naruto opening theme song

9. Dynodevil

Dynodevil Well-Known Member

I liked the song that was used for bleach i think it was "After Dark". But aside from them i absolutely love D'espairsRay, Maximum the Hormone, The Gazette, Dir en Grey and so on =]

10. Adnan1992

Anyone heard of the Japanese intrumental band Justice Is Dead. They do some awsome songs. But can't seem to find an album or anything ???

11. drew44

drew44 Well-Known Member

one thing i would like to mention

asian kung fu generation=crap

wednesday 13=brilliant

12. Adnan1992

Why'd you say so?