1. This forum is in read-only mode.

White screens with Supercard Mini SD + Max Media Player DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sneerz, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Sneerz

Sneerz Member

I am using a GBA slot Supercard Mini SD which happens to work fine with my GBA and DS while using .gba roms. When I try to use an .nds rom, I start the Max Media Player and it reads the Supercard but once loaded, both screens are white. I am trying to get SoulSilver to work. I have tried a clean (U), patched using the Supercard software, and I have tried a pre-patched one that was on a forum thread here. I have also formatted the SD using SD formatter 3.1 and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You can't run DS roms from a GBA slot flashcart.

3. Sneerz

Sneerz Member

I am not sure I understand? I am running the Max Media Player via NDS slot and I am using the Supercard for the storage. I was reading online and it said you can use the Max Media Player along with the Supercard:

"The Media Player is a 4GB HDD for the Nintendo DS, which slots into the GBA slot of your NDS or DS Lite to run media that is stored on the drive. Sound familiar? It should, because it works in a similar process to the Supercard and M3solution, by allowing code to be run via the GBA slot, therefore bypassing the DS Slots security and encryption. How is this done? Well, included in the package is a Max Media Player DS cart, which essentially acts like a passme/passme2 device, to bypass the security, in the same vein as the recently released Max Media Launcher."

The Supercard mini sd also says it supports .nds on the website and there is an option to patch .nds in their software.

Thanks.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the max media player can't run commercial DS roms, IIRC.

5. Sneerz

Sneerz Member

Well I used this: http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/index.php?title=Max_Overload to patch commercial games with my Max Media Dock until I recently lost it, which is why I am now trying this combo. I never tryed to get Soulsilver to work so it may just be this game that doesn't want to work.
    Post Merge: [time]1342131392[/time]
    So it seems that no nds games work patched or not. Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening?