1. This forum is in read-only mode.

white screen

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by madolyn, Dec 12, 2012.

1. madolyn

madolyn New Member

if i downloaded a game and put it on my r4 card, go to a game that is just took from the website.
    then i only see is a white screen nothing else..
    can somebody help me with that?

tx

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It's due to your R4 firmware being out of date, not because of the rom.
    Specify your R4's full name as per printed on the sticker along with it's website, and picture of it.
    Chances are you might have to add a secondary firmware such as YSMENU/TTMENU into the SD Micro.
    Of cause, back up SD Micro content before venturing into the installation.

3. madolyn

madolyn New Member

oke thank you

4. x_Ayleen_x

x_Ayleen_x New Member

Hi Everyone!

This is my 1st R4 ever I bought the "R4i Gold 3DS" at this website --->www.r4-3ds.ca/catalog/product/view/id/96/s/r4i-gold-card-4gb-micro-sd-memory-card-compatible-v1-4j-1-4e-1-4u-1-4a/category/8/

And few weeks ago, I did an update to my 3ds xl, to ver. 4.5.0-10U because I was never aware that it may block the R4i Gold 3DS as this is my first time using R4 technology and now I have just inserted some roms DS and the 3ds can read the card but it cannot play the roms, there is a bright white screen for 3 sec then it goes straight to black screen.

Can someone please let me know, is there is anything I can do, to my R4i Gold 3ds so I can play the roms, or the only option is to wait for the new release for that version 4.5.0-10U-->www.r4ids.cn/news.htm.

Thank you all for you replies! Greatly appreciated!! :-D

Can anyone

5. Prectorian

First off, can't open the link that you provided, so I haven't any clue as to which 'R4i Gold 3DS" you bought. There are many carts going by that name sold by various makers. But anyway, make sure you know what your cart's official website is (not talking about the e-shop's website; I'm referring to the cart's official website). It's on the body of the cart's sticker or on the box that came with it. Once you're certain, make sure to read through the official site, there may be more than 1 kind of cart going by that same name, as Garemerce said, there's "C, A, and 9" revision carts from that site alone. Different sites has different firmware, be careful not to install a wrong file.

However here's the issue, you had already upgraded your 3DS to v.4.5.0-10 which now you realize blocks the use of flash carts that hasn't been upgraded to accommodate that version. So, once you find that firmware upgrade for your cart from the official website, you'll need to borrow someone's console that hasn't been upgraded to v.4.5.0-10 to perform the upgrading procedure as stated by the cart's website. Only after that can you use the cart on your own console. You can't perform the upgrading procedure on your own console, need to borrow or if you have an older NDS console, you could use that too.

It's a valuable learning experience, next time remember not to upgrade your console before you upgrade your flash cart. Or else this is what happens.

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

??? ;D

7. Prectorian

Probably he did tried it, got it working, and left without goodbyes....:p
    We can only make assumptions.