1. This forum is in read-only mode.

White screen problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wolfhunter777, Jun 10, 2011.

1. wolfhunter777

wolfhunter777 Member

I have a R4 Deluxe with YSMenu in it and updated with RetroGameFan Multi Card Update. When I placed Kingdom Hearts: Re Coded into the R4 and try to start it, I got a white screen. All of my other games are working fine so I believe the issue lies with newer games. Can anyone help me? Or am I suppose to do something?

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

First thing is to make sure you are not using a pre-cracked ROM, But just a clean

Are you could try my DAT,s sinse i edited two diffrent versions into them http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.msg1291962#msg1291962

3. wolfhunter777

wolfhunter777 Member

Yup, clean rom. Downloaded two clean roms too. Gonna try your DAT and get back to you.

4. Jhon 591

I use r4 original with YSMenu build, I have no issues with the ROM working, But sometimes a good format with somethink like panasonic SD formatter may help, as it defrags the microsd chip a the same time

5. wolfhunter777

wolfhunter777 Member

Tried with your Dat files and it still doesn't work. I did use the Panasonic SD formatter to format the Micro SD Chip but it still doesn't work. Here's a screenshot of the files and folders in my R4, maybe it'll help:
    [​IMG]
    This is in the TTMenu Folder:
    [​IMG]

6. Jhon 591

could be a goof r4patch.dat, it should be inside of the TTmenu folder but your is showing on the main root of your chip, but i don't know about the way the clone card works

I could upload the r4patch.dat original if you wish to try it ?

7. wolfhunter777

wolfhunter777 Member

Well, couldn't hurt to try since I have a backup copy in my documents. It's worth a shot.

8. Jhon 591

EDIT: r4patch.dat original

http://www.mediafire.com/?w3yrn5g183zn71n

you could make a copy and try in both TTMenu folder and Root of microSD chip

9. wolfhunter777

wolfhunter777 Member

Alright, I'll come back with the results in a bit.

EDITED
    Ahaha, so it was the R4 patch problem. Thank you so much! If I could, I would kiss your feet and hug you right now lol.

10. Jhon 591

Yep, they are a few goof r4patch.dat ones around but no problem ;)

EDIT: Be aware of this people! :), Use the r4patch.dat original.

Glad to have solved your issue!