1. This forum is in read-only mode.

White Screen in FE Shadow Dragon on No$

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by king_camaro, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king_camaro

king_camaro New Member

I recently downloaded a Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon ROM and tried to play it on No$GBA. The game works fine except for cutscenes where the map is visible on the touchscreen and the typical FE explanation dialogue is supposed to be playing on the screen above. Instead, the fancy embroidery can be seen on the edges, but nothing but white in the center

The top screen works during fights and for the other cutscenes, just not during the pre/post-battle dialogue.

Anyone know what i could try to stop this problem, because as fun as FE is, without understanding the story its not the same.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What version of no$gba do you have?

3. king_camaro

king_camaro New Member

Version 2.6a. The newest one I could find

4. anandjones

5. king_camaro

king_camaro New Member

I tried changing the 3D Renderer, i went from nocash to opengl then to none. Didn't help. I also tried running it through that no$zoomer, still didn't work.

As far as i can tell i'm doing everything right, the settings have worked on all the other games i've tried and there's never been a problem like this

6. anandjones

May just be incompatible then, unless someone else has a hidden fix.

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

That's strange...
    The no$gba 2.6a should fixed the white screen problem...I'm using the default setting...
    No$zoomer 2.3.0.2 also fix this problem..also in default setting..

Try change the EX option while in Japanese mode..tick the EX0 and EX5..the same setting for Super Robot Taisen : Endless Frontier....

8. king_camaro

king_camaro New Member

Its A Miracle ;D. I tried once more to run it through no$zoomer and for some unfathomable reason, it worked. I had changed no settings or anything from last time.

So thanks to Anandjones for the tips and no$zoomer which will save my eyes in the long run. And also thanks to meganova, although I didn't end up using your advice, i'll keep it in mind if I ever play Super Robot Taisen.

9. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Well, I manage to play and finish it with no$gba just fine w/o no$zoomer..
    something must have been messed up with your configuration...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.