1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which one do I choose?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by jimgriffiths57, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Which card?
    AK2i or R4i Gold?
    I have a normal R4 now and every game works perfect with new firmware. does not on AK2i. E.g. Pokemon SS. Works on R4 not on AK2i. Getting a new NDSi XL for birthday. Sis has an NDSi with Ak2i and some games don't work.

Any Opinions???

2. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

go with the ak2i. the company still produces new firmware updates and it will work on your dsi xl. your statement is incorrect about your R4, as a good 25% of games need a patch of some sort, where as AK2i RPG (latest firmware) runs almost everything without a hitch (even HG/SS and every game i ever tried so far)

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Some games don't work because you most likely haven't updated the firmware on the Acekard 2i. Try using AKAIO. It's way better than the official firmware.

Also, go with the Acekard 2i. It's the best flashcart that I have ever used (as long as you use AKAIO).

http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Card-for-Nintendo-DS-DS-Lite-DSi-p-30.html

4. Thanks, I updated to AKAIO 1.6 last night and yes SS works fine. I can get R4i gold waay cheaper like by 10 pounds but i guess it is worth paying the extra. Thanks again.

Jimgriffiths57

5. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

But he's gonna get a NDS XL....

7. Got the NSDi XL now and ordered the AceKard 2i the other day! Should be here tomorrow :) Can't wait!!!!

8. game4nds

game4nds Active Member

9. Already bought it now and it came in the mail today! :) Had to update it with DSL but managed to find a way to do it. Quite easy if you know how. DSi XL is awesome and recommend it to anyone. 8)

10. baytech08

baytech08 Well-Known Member

It doesn't mater what he has. The Acekard 2i will work on any Nintendo DS.

And I would go with the Acekard 2i. I just got one last week and it works perfectly, haven't had 1 problem with compatibility when using Akaio 1.6 RC2.

11. Thanks anyway, All sorted now but if anyone has any other suggestions rather than those 2 carts, all up for ideas!