1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which MS Office is the best?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonez001, Apr 18, 2010.

?

Which Office is the best?

1. Office 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Office 2007

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Office 2010 (Beta)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other Office software

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Non MS software

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am working myself on Office 2010 Pro Plus Beta. It is really cool and very nice updates.

But what is the opion of you people?

2. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

I prefer the office 2003 package, I just find it easier to get around it and do what I want. I currently have 2007 but it's confusing as anything.

3. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

And then when you get used to 2007, the 2003 version will be just as confusing. Though I guess from an objective point of view, the UI in 2007 has improved.

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

The 2010 beta is good if your a corporate type of user... if not, then i suggest you just stick with 2007... the only difference between 2007 and 2010 is that 2010 is more of an online type. Also, if you will look at My Computer, it installs a new drive which you can't open, but can be scanned...

5. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

That... is interesting.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

2003 without a doubt. 2007 is a complete failure from the usability viewpoint.

7. Jonez001

That is 100% right!

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

2003 was good,but I dont have Office installed,it just slows down the Laptop.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I totally stand by loony's post :)

Two years ago I asked people here on RomUlation which Microsoft Office should I use/get, Office 2003 or 2007? And this was exactly what loony said then :)

10. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I hate 2007. I'd rather have OpenOffice/2003. I like 2010 beta though.

11. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Open Office is the best as the newer versions support those pesky .docx, .xlsx, etc files. Also it's free and has a customisable interface just like MS Office 2003. I am more comfortable in Office 2003 at the moment, but I can still recognise that OO is better and that the UI in 2007 is awful as you have to keep changing the pesky tabs to edit the format of your document/worksheet/whatever.

12. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

this.

i don't have to run around the internet trying get myself a copy so i can do something for school. Everything is there and finding options is the same as microsoft office.
    the border really helps when you know you're gonna hit the end of the page since i'd prefer not to have my sentences cut off onto the next page when i type.

13. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

+1

14. Jonez001

2010 is way better then 2007.

15. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Honestly, using 2007 is really easy. It may be because I haven't been accustomed to 2003, or it may just be the fact that I've been using 2007 for the past few years for pretty much all my school stuff, but I have yet to have an issue with it. Easy to get around and easy to use.

16. gaynorvader

It's slower to use though as you have to keep flicking through stupid tabs to find the shortcuts (that's a joke) to what you want to do. They might have well gotten rid of the shortcuts altogether and let you navigate with the dropdown menus.

17. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It all depends on what you are using. Excel is relatively easy to use, Word is simply a word program, not a whole lot else to it as long as you have the main toolbar thing open that usually opens up anyways that has pretty much everything you need, and I've been using PowerPoint for years, so it doesn't matter what version it is, I can easily navigate and use it.

18. gaynorvader

I use Excel a little for in depth then, the formulas on 2007 are messed up. As for word, I know I spend most of my time on 2007 flicking between two or three tabs (we have 2007 in college). It's just a pain in the ass that you have to keep flicking between tabs instead of having the shortcuts there in front of you. It'd be like replacing your desktop icons with folders.

19. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Update the poll.
    MS Office 2010 official(final version) is already on there.
    Crackeable as well XD

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

2003 for sure.

But I only have 2007...