1. This forum is in read-only mode.

which flashcart should i get for my DS lite?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by alltimeslaya, Sep 22, 2011.

1. alltimeslaya

alltimeslaya Member

would be great if it is from amzon im looking at the 2 r4 ones at the moment they say the are compatible to the ds lite but it doesnt seem to be dslite friendly looking in picture

SDHC-Lite-Card-NDSi-Micro/dp/B005JOTA2Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1316559360&sr=8-4

super noob here dunno how to post links so just add amazon to it.

please help and would be super awesome if on amazon i want to usse my free amazon gift cards :)
    Post Merge: [time]1316728617[/time]
    bumpp

2. Akalakawak

Akalakawak Well-Known Member

Buy these if you don't plan on upgrading to DSi or 3DS anytime soon

Truly Reliable R4 Original less then $3: (been using one myself for more then a year)
    http://www.priceangels.com/R4-MicroSD-TF-Multimedia-Flash-Cart-for-NDS-DS-Lite-s30786.html
    (they also have it for $1 more in a box with a gel case)

2GB SanDisk MicroSD ON AMAZON for less than $5:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000VOU91U/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Less then $8 for a great Flash Cart and MicroSD for DS lite.

You could also buy the R4 on Lightake for about the same price.

If you do plan on upgrading to DSi or 3DS, then buy an Acekard 2i or R4i 3DS Gold, both pretty cheap on Lightake.

And of course, amazon has great prices on Larger MicroSDs as well! :)

3. alltimeslaya

alltimeslaya Member

thank you! i also heard that acekard 2i is compatible with all Dses is that true?

4. Akalakawak

Akalakawak Well-Known Member

Yep, both cards I mentioned at the end of my previous post work on all DS systems. Though I personally think the R4i Gold 3DS is better, as it doesn't seem to be blockable by nintendo, because since it came out, no update has blocked it that I've heard of.

But you have to reset the DS to change firmware skins, which is a pain, but I think its better then being blocked :p

Don't dismiss the original R4 though, in my opinion its the best cart for DS lite if you don't want more then 2gb of space.

So they're all good choices, and they're all dirt cheap. Good luck on deciding what you get!

5. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

6. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

Actually nearlly all of the flashcards can work on DS lite. If you want it also work on DSi or 3DS , you can choose a 3ds flashcard which compatible with DS/DSi/3ds that would be Acekard 2i, DStwo or R4i gold and ace3ds, you can find them here: http://www.digitopz.com/nintendo-3ds-flashcard-c-29.html if you just want to choose a card for your DSL, the orginal R4ds card will be the best choose.

7. Robert88

Robert88 Member

Have your ever heard ace3ds flashcard ?I think it is a well worthy card you should own,as this card is the cheapest flashcard,what's more it is working great on DSi V1.43 and 3DS V2.1.0-4.No need to update!

Ace3ds offical site:www.ace3ds.com