1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which Flash card

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by metalgames, Jul 17, 2013.

1. metalgames

metalgames Active Member

found out that this website "http://www.3dstown.com/" accept paypal. however, can someone comfirm that they are accpecting paypal money since im not sure if i should trust it..

wondering which flashcard i should get.
    either this one
    http://www.3dstown.com/product.php?id_product=10
    or this one
    http://www.3dstown.com/product.php?id_product=14
    PS. 3ds is v.6.1.0-12E
    i perfer playing GBA game as well with DS but i would like last longer with the card without buying new one every-time.
    or should i wait for card that can play 3ds

2. dstwo is your best choice to play gba games, this card comes with GBA emulator and can be used to play gba games on both nds,dsi or 3ds. If you buy a r4 card,then you still need a EZFlash 3 in 1, and can just be played on NDS,for dsi don't have slot-2 to insert ezflash 3 in 1. and seling flashcart use paypal is not allowed, you'd better use credit visa, many stores only support credit visa card. recommend you buy dstwo from here http://www.modchipwarehouse.com/supercard-dstwo-flashcart-for-3ds-xl-3ds-dsi-ds-lite-p-5.html

3. metalgames

metalgames Active Member

thank for all the reply. and wondering what the different between R4i gold 3ds and R4i gold 3DS RTS since i still don't get it.
    shame that i only have nintendo 3ds but still can't put ezflash 3 in 1 to my ds so i guess no to that.

4. metalgames

metalgames Active Member

well, what does RTS functions do? and maybe i should wait for gateway card so i can play one of 3ds game

5. Jack Wang

Jack Wang New Member

only the dstwo card can support GBA games.

but if you think it is experience and you card is a r4 card ,then you still need a EZFlash which just be played on NDS and DSL, cuz other consoles dont have slot-2 to insert ezflash 3 in 1.

6. ninja_kitty

ninja_kitty Active Member

i have not found what im looking for so i am going to post my question!

my son has a 3DS v6.1.0 and he has got a R4i-gold pro and wood version 4.5.0 will not work.

Can anyone help me with the right wood version as ive tried searching but not yet found

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No, paypal ban sites that sell flashcarts, so very few are willing to risk it.

I think you're confused between wood and the internal cart firmware, they're completely separate, and wood has nothing to do with whether or not a cart works on a specific console version. That's handled by the internal cart firmware, which needs to be download from the official site for that flashcart (get the wrong one and you'll brick the flashcart) and must be applied by running the update rom file on a console that the cart does currently work on.

Wood only affects game compatibility, and is a third party firmware that only works on some models of R4.

8. ninja_kitty

I purchased my cards from R4i-gold.com, im running the cards on Wood R4i-gold 1.61, its working on dsi but not on 3DS V1.6.0!! i used the upgrade firmware file, used my dsi to upgrade it and now get a message saying

"my name is ###### who made this fake clone.My MP............" it maybe that im using the files wrong i just dont know :( my old R4i cards run with/on wood from R4ids.cn

even so, the card doesnt work on 3ds so i now need to repalce it with the simplest as we will have more 3DS' soon!

Can you help at all to direct me in the right direction?

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it does sound like that cart cannot support 3ds then, which means you need a different one. Look around the forum (this board in particular) for an idea of whats available and what works.

10. ninja_kitty

thank you!

11. ninja_kitty

DUHHHHHHHH........

After all that i must confess i was a thick twat and it's worki

12. roee

roee Member

go for the r4i gold 3ds rts card released by r4ds official team, kitty
    it's the best r4i card out there