1. This forum is in read-only mode.

which emulator?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by fabio_taichou, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabio_taichou

fabio_taichou New Member

Hi there ppl!
    I'm new here and i would like to ask some questions about ds emulators.

I'm playing FF tactics Advance 2 with no$gba and it's really slow.

isn't there any other emulator better than this?
    Which one is the best and most advanced?

in pokemon pearl and FF III this emulator is also slow... can anyboy help?

Thanks

2. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

there is no perfect emulator out since now! The best one in my oppinion is IdeaS but many other people in this forum says, that no$gba is best.
    If you have a DS buy a flashcard and you can play the games as they were original.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Also your PC hardware affects the performance of any emulator. The more muscle your system has, the more better & a bit faster it can run any emulator.

4. Lignify

Lignify New Member

Try mute sound and set higher frame rate?

5. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest version of no$gba, as I have played FF Tactics 2 on it and it ran perfectly, aside from odd graphical glitches. It is still playable though.

6. march173

march173 New Member

im using no$gba 2.6a..
    here how to speed up..
    options>emulation setup>now choose the 1st box on your left..click it n choose unlimited mhz disaster 10%(the fastest)

7. jakelr

jakelr New Member

I'd also like some help, i've been using No$GBA 2.6a trying to run sims city creator but it keeps giving me errors. would IdeaS or w/e be a better choice?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you can try IDeaS but it probably won't work any better. That's just the way NDS emulation is at the moment.

9. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

You should have posted what version of no$gba you're using. The latest version - 2.6a has two 3D rendering options, the opengl and the nocash render. Choosing the nocash render would significantly boost the emu speed by around 25%-50% but will occasionally display weird glitches. The opengl render has better 3D rendering calculations but will make the emu slow. If you are already using this and still experiencing slowdown then the problem might be either:

- you lack the system required to run that particular game (the average is about 2.3Ghz).
    - emulation is slow due to the emulator itself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.