1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which Dragon Quest?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by n0thealthy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

Hi all!

I just wanna know, what's the differences/similarities between the following Dragon Quest games and which one I should start with, bering in mind I've never played a DQ game before.

Thanks in advance.

DQ Monsters: Joker
    DQ Heroes: Rocket Slime
    DQ IV: Chapters of the Chosen

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Joker is a 3D one, with some random as grey kid, didn't get into it. Rocket Slime is a nice action type game where you control the slimes of DQ series, and build your robot and battle and stuff, all 2D. And Chapters is like the ones on SNES, RPG, 2d sprites and stuff, on 3D backgrounds/environments.

3. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

Thanks.

4. Phisixuk

Phisixuk Member

Joker is worth a go if you want an RPG to play and enjoy collection Monsters. There is a small story to go with it. Rocket Slime for me is aimed towards kids which bored me somewhat, and Dragonquest IV is an awesome game which may look as good as say Chrono Trigger.

5. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

well i got to say that joker was fun for me, but it has bad replay value... im currentlly playing the FULL english dqiv chapters of the chosen, and i already beat the half translated one.. rocket slime was fun for me in the begining, but later on,, it got boring because i kept losing... :p lol, but all of them were enjoyable to me