1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which download option is the correct one??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Stay9999, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Stay9999

Stay9999 New Member

I am new to this - sorry - but which download option am I meant to select from as I see either I download a rom either from installing something call livix (?) or download from north american server. Which is correct. Does it make a difference?!

Please help

Thank you

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

North American server is our download server.

livix sounds like an advert to me.

3. Stay9999

Stay9999 New Member

Thanks for the quick response - Ok that is what I have been doing, I have just downloaded some games for the DS and have followed the tutorial on to how to convert RAR to DS games using the suggested link. All seemed to work fine. Have put my R4 card into the DS and the games load up in the index screen but when you select to play them the screen goes blank. Sorry to go on but why could this be happening?

Thanks again

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

What games are you downloading?

5. Stay9999

Stay9999 New Member

Winx Club Magical something and Peppa Pig Theme Park World. I have just been reading threads and people are talking about filmware or some such thing, you have to have the right version/current version on your card. That's fine I can do that but not sure which one to pick. My R4 card says R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS). Think this sounds like the root of the problem from what I have been reading. Hopefully you're a computer wizard as quite frankly i'm gutted as thought I was doing pretty well until when selecting into the game it came up blank - rubbish.

Cheers

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Not a computer wizard, but I'm quite good with flashcards. ;)

If you're card looks EXACTLY like what is in the spoiler, then follow the guide below.
    If not, then take a picture of your card, upload it then post it here.

[​IMG]

1. Download this. Use "Manual Download", not the Automatic one.
    2. Extract the file. You'll need WinRAR or 7-Zip.
    3. Copy the files inside the archive to the root of your SD. I suggest formatting it first.
    4. Copy and games and save files to a folder called "Games" on the root of the SD.
    5. Put the SD in the R4, then put that in your Nintendo DS and start playing!

If you're still confused, have a look at my guide in the Tutorials section.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=61076.0