1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which Card ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nathan_26, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Nathan_26

Nathan_26 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm looking for a new card to play games on because I'm starting to hate my R4i card :p i just want to know what is the best one , it doesn't matter how much it is. I have a DSi so i dont really know which ones work on it

Thanks Anyways ;D

2. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Get an Acekard 2ki.
    If you can't get that, get a DSTTi

3. Nathan_26

Ok will deffo do that , thanks

4. steviemb

steviemb Member

We have 3 of the DSTT cards and never had any problems with them.

5. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

i've had three dstt and the first two were fake. be careful when by cards

6. steviemb

steviemb Member

One of mine is a "clone" too - however it was sold as an original off Amazon.
    The other two are genuine.
    Just need to remember not to update the clone card as DSTT are putting updates into the new card software updates which "bricks" cloned cards.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Remember that Amazon has things being sold by users, just like Ebay. Especially with such "Grey Area" items as flashcarts. Amazon itself doesn't sell them, just provides space for others to sell them.

8. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

they are? they have fake card tester which you run and it'll tell you if it fake or not but that for DSTTi

9. Nathan_26

wow thanks for the advice :D

10. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

If you do get a fake cart, you're kind of stuck with it unless the seller willingly takes it back. Otherwise you can't do much about it, if you try to sue the people or whatever you run the risk of bring seen as a pirate

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are patches out there to fix fake cards that were killed by the firmware, and then makes it work with the firmware.

12. Nathan_26

yea im pretty sure i have gotten fake cards before , but i didn't want to say anything just in case :p

13. ICE-X

ICE-X Well-Known Member

Yeah, Acekard2i is good for DSi, I have one for my DSi and it works great, if you live in the US you can buy one from realhotstuff.com, which is where I got mine and my Supercard lite. If you don't live in the US you can look at this page for authorized AK2i dealers. http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php . If you do end up getting an Acekard2i you can use my themes (the link is in my signature).

14. musiclegend14

ah then i guess people don't have to worry then

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What the recovery tools do is reflash the bin file to the onboard memory, restoring it. You'll still need to run the older version with no fake-killer code, because it just restores it, not particularly patching it to work with the newer firmware, unless there is another program/method that has been released.

16. traviscamos

traviscamos Well-Known Member

me and my brother both have an edge card each. they are really good,, we love them and we have never had any problems with them at all. i think you should go with and edge card....but thats just my opinion :)

17. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

wer do you buy your cards i bot my edge card in philipines

18. traviscamos

traviscamos Well-Known Member

i bought mine at the local markets

19. musiclegend14

In the USA, around me at least, it's impossible to find flash carts in a local store...I'm sure there are some small game shops that do sell them...but they're a legal gray area and the stores don't want to risk it.

20. Nathan_26

yea i see alot of carts at my market im sure ive seen some dstti and acekard so i cant wait to get one :D