1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which card to choose?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by fiber0311, Sep 6, 2011.

1. fiber0311

fiber0311 New Member

I know this isn't an easy question to answer, but I've been looking around the net for a while now and I'm lost.

My friend wants to buy a card for his son's DS. As far as I know, he plays exclusively DS games, so no need for emulation or funky things like that.

I'm hesitating between an R4 and an Acekard, currently. Which one is the better one on the long term?

I can give more details if necessary, thanks for your help.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

An Acekard is better in the long run, in my opinion.

If you get the Acekard 2i, you can use it on the regular DS/Lite/DSi/DSi XL/3DS.
    I would recommend getting it from here.

3. fiber0311

fiber0311 New Member

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the answer.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No problem.

5. Robert88

Robert88 Member

I suggest you to buy a ace3ds flashcard for your DS console,why buy?Here is my reasons.
    1.As the ace3ds card is the cheapest flashcard in the world.
    2.It is compatible with the 3ds and dsi latest version out of box.
    3.It can play many games,and according the game lists update as long as the ace3ds new firmware release.

Ace3ds offical site:www.ace3ds.com

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

R4 and it clones sucks.

7. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Acekard 2i is a good choice. http://www.slickdoor.com/acekard-2i-ak2i-143-compatible-for-3dsnds-litendsindsi-xl_p1800.html

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ace3ds is a fake.

9. alltimeslaya

alltimeslaya Member

but um i have a dslite and by wat he said up there earlier a acekardi is compatible with all dses? i can only get it from amazon so i saw this and it is being sold by acekard company so im assuming git is legit. But can you guys check for me and tell me if this is compatible with my dslite? and does it come with a microsd adaptor or whatever? thanks

super noob here dunno how to post links so here

NintendoDs-Multi-Media-Adapter-Nitendo/dp/B005E7YDQQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316728708&sr=8-1

just add amazon.com/ before it

10. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

If you just want to play DS gemas and dont want the extra features, Ak2i is the best choose then. Actually R4i gold from R4ids.cn is also a great budget card.