1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which card for 3ds XL - help an idiot

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by katyandtony, Jan 4, 2014.

1. katyandtony

katyandtony New Member

Hi

Not been on this forum in ages but have treated myself to a 3ds xl for xmas. My old dsi xl has an acekard 2i so do have some experience of flashcarts.

Do all the new games work on the 3DS flashcarts, I have registered my 3ds on club nintendo and updated is this an issue for buying a flashcart?, as I remember with the old dsi you could not update them.

Thanks for help in advance as been out of a loop for a while.

2. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

When you say do 'new games' work on 3DS flashcarts, do you meand 3D games?

I'm absolutely no expert but I bought 2 x 3DS XLs for my boys for Christmas. Fortunately both had firmware of v4.2 & 4.4

I think the current 3DS carts will only play 3D games if your console has firmware of v4.5 or below.

I bought r4i 3DS gold deluxe editions and they work fine for us. The only other one recommended on this forum is the Gateway

Is that any help?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You said you had updated your 3DS while registering it online? So it's running the latest firmware? Then, you can't use any 3DS rom flash cartridge player. Won't work at all. Had it not been updated to any firmware above v.4.5. Most of the 3DS rom would run on any 3DS rom flash cartridges such as Gateway, R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe, MT Card, or 3DS Linker. As for NDS rom flash cartridge player, same issue as the one you experienced when you were still playing DSi. Not all of them will work on the latest firmware, only selected few able; such like Supercard DSTWO and R4i Gold 3DS.

4. katyandtony

katyandtony New Member

Yes I had to update it in order to download Mario 3D land which I got for free with the purchase. It says it is ver 7.1.0-14, however my daughter's 3ds xl is ver 5.1.0 as I havent updated hers yet.

Thanks for the replies.
    Post Merge: [time]1388925842[/time]
    Having had a quick google it seems like the R4i 3DS will support version 7.1.0-14, I hope this is the case?

5. Prectorian

Yes. The one made by r4ids(.)cn website . (*Remove the "( )" in between the dot.) But you'll need to install firmware using older console. In your case since you'd mentioned owning a DSi, that can be use if it's below v.1.4.3. Otherwise, you need to make sure the seller installs it for you before selling/shipping it to you. Otherwise both your and your kid's 3DS won't be able to use it.

6. katyandtony

katyandtony New Member

Thanks prectorian, the dsi's have never been updated so will do that, thanks so much for your help.
    Post Merge: [time]1388939279[/time]
    http://www.dsgamer.com/r4i-gold-3ds-for-3ds-xl-ll-3ds-dsixl-ll-dsi-dsl-ds.html so is this the one to buy and is this website ok to buy from, or where is the best place to buy.

Also it is giving you to option to buy it with games on, is this a good idea?

Thannks

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Some other New Mt-card Came out that Can play Mu-ti games on one SD .

http://www.mt-card.com/news_4.html

Code:
    MT card support the following characteristics:

1)Support 3DS series consoles(Version v4.1 to v4.5)
    2)Support MultiRom,selecting game in menu or by pressing key
    3)Support FAT32, drag and drop, no need of diskimager
    4)Save to TF directly,easy file exchange, backup and other features
    5)product has a CPU built-in, and USB, convenient upgrade

http://gbatemp.net/threads/mt-card-maybe-the-first-3ds-multi-rom-flash-card.359404/

8. Prectorian

Unfortunately the cart you mention ain't gonna work for both his 3DS consoles. They are above v.4.5.0 if you noticed mentioned by him. He can only play NDS rom games on certain NDS flash carts and 3DS games on original/official game carts.

9. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks projection, I'm gona have to get use to this stuff my self will come in handy for long run, sine got hold of a 2DS now, still plan for 3DS to.

10. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Didn't want to make a new thread so here we go, same boat as OP. Purchased a 3dsxl mario and luigi silver edition and updated to purchase a few things on the eShop. Running 7.1.0-14u(was running 3.something). Anyway, looking on the supercard site, there is a firmware available that supports this? Does anyone know of any 3ds rom capability/general capability? Long time away from this scene so help would be much appreciated. Thanks

11. Prectorian

Same as OP, you can't play any 3DS rom since no 3DS rom flash cartridge will run on that latest firmware. As for Supercard DSTWO, it can work on that firmware to play NDS rom, as long as the cart been installed with the needed update.

12. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Alright cool. I bout ocarina of time 3d and Fireemblem awakening plus the ds came of Dream team, which are the games I most wanted. I will look into purchasing a super card