1. This forum is in read-only mode.

where to download music

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msg2009, Apr 30, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

does anyone know the best/safest place to download music?
    i dont want any virus though

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Torrents.

Good anti virus equipped, checking the torrent comments (like what I do on pirate bay) does the trick for me.
    Post Merge: [time]1272636011[/time]
    The av is incase you choose a lowly torrent and that lacks comments.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@hYpNoS: I'm pretty much scared of thepiratebay, that's why I haven't downloaded season 14 episodes of South Park yet as the site I go to to get them decided to host their torrent files on thepiratebay :(

Anyway, if game music is what you need, there's Galbadia hotel:

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/a

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

thanks for the link CRV ive bookmarked it im pretty sure that will come in handy but it doesnt have roadrash on it, it only has roadrash3d and jailbreak

thanks hypnos, i didnt know music was on TPB

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Here's an older thread that has other links to game OST downloads besides Galbadia Hotel:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=20510.0

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Agreed, this is how I get all of my music. Have yet to get a virus, even when I didn't have much of a choice but to grab one with out comments, but still have Avast on stand by just in case.

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I just use youtube to download music >.>

8. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

http://www.mp3-codes.com/

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Youtube isn't a very good way to quickly get full albums though. If I wanted to go one song at a time, I would use one of the hundreds of single song download sites available.

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Me personally, I use Youtube Downloader to download my songs. Though these days I buy my songs.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's crap.

Your wasting bandwidth downloading a video and messing (in some cases) with the vid just for the sound.

I only use that since I like some videos at times.

Why are you scared?

They are like romUlation, not afraid to break some laws to share stuff :)

Just read the comments and check the comments, and if it's torrents on the site you used to go to, then your safe...why?

Same upload-different system.

Also I do buy some music on the odd occasion, some of my hard core techno/heavy metal you can hardly find...or because I support the artist.

Korn, fear factory, and disturbed get my money :)

12. Stanley Richards

I use it for music videos since I like them more then just the plain songs.

13. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

http://www.downloads.nl/local/en/mp3.html

Always found a track I've been looking for. And best of all they're direct download links.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I used to use sites like this...too bad my taste isn't so broad.

Most of the time my weird music doesn't show up, shit like lady gaga and avril lavigne shows up :(

15. Stanley Richards

Lady Gaga is not shit. Shes the mom.

16. sylar1000

Not really, i usually use online converters that usually only download audio, which isn't wasting bandwidth since they aren't that big. It's not messing with any videos since i don't get any. Not sure why you're judging the way i'm getting music.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I seen and downloaded video clips that were 50mb...the song it's self was only 7mb after ripping...

I prefer getting whole albums with artwork anyway, and they end up in higher quality anyway.

18. sylar1000

Ah, i never download whole albums, usually i only like certain songs from people and/or bands.

Like i said, i never download video clips, just the audio, which is usually only a few MB's.

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

My advice, get Mozilla Firefox installed as your web browser then get the "Downloadhelper" add-on, way, way better than youtubedownloader. Why you ask? It's because you can use downloadhelper on sites other than youtube *wink* *wink*

@hYpNoS:

I've read of rumors that people on thepiratebay (not uploaders per se, but can include seeders) spike their files with "little presents", which are not fun to receive.

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Viruses.

That's why you only use torrents which...

-Trusted uploaders (those who have a good rep or have been mentioned on other sites for their uploads, like our romU dumpers ::) )

-Ones with good comments (a single bad one I miss...incase the ebi bugged a torrent it's best to take head-even if a false alarm)

-Large amounts of seeds and good comments a must

-And keep an anti virus handy

Otherwise it's a plunge, but hay, thanks to my good mate who's taught me who the good uploaders are (and how to tell if they are fake) I'd be alot safer than before :)