1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Where to buy games online-best and safest (with retro games :) )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mds64, Aug 13, 2009.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok, fair enough I could download it all...but I'm a collector-and some of my systems are not chipped for a reason (like the wii) so I need advice...

OTHER than ebay (couldn't figure it out/deleted my account/CBF trying again/too much of a risk for a bidding noob) what is the best online shop?

Region is not a problem-although nstc/pal (mostly PAL since that is where I am :) ) are my choices.

...and yes I do have the ability to buy online now-just ordered another work uniform with my new debit card :)

And keep in mind-I would prefer Australian-but I would like other places as well (Wish linksang were still going :( )

I have seen one other site-but unless there are fellow users here who tried it-I might skip this one...

www.retrogames.com.au

So any suggestions?

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I did some googling for you, it turns out that Gamestop still ships some old Gameboy, PS1, and Dreamcast games... That's the only reliable source I could find that sold somewhat retro games...

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

So does ebgames...

Sorry-but I personally hate those guys-when after second hand games I kinda need (in some cases) mint condition games.

These guys have no garrenties-and because of thier structure I cannot get photo's of products (If I wanted say a ps1 game-will it be mint-most likly not) BUT I will remember this suggestion if all else fails.

Any other places-like linksang 9remember them-sad fate...)
    Post Merge: [time]1250174026[/time]
    Also another question...

I hate ordering things via mail I just remembered :(

Ok-in the adress form on some sites-it say's "city", do I put my suburb there or in the "adress part 2" section?

So say like this...

03 Madeup street (street adress)

Malvern (say I lived in that suburb-pretend that's in the adress 2 part)

Melbourne (in city section-is this correct or do I put my "suburb" here?)

Everything else I worked out-I don't want to send my stuf to the wrong adress-australia post has a habit of stealing lost mail thanks to my experience in ordering personalised dog tags...idiots!

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Hmm... I don't know about the address issue, I don't live in a suburb, or Australia... Your best bet would probably be to just use the address 1 section, and put in your city, street name and number. I believe address 2 is just in case the item is sent back to them, they have another address to ship it to.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got confused :(

I guess I might put my suburb into the "city" section...

(gamestop doesn't sell snes games-play asia does-but...overpriced at best-need smaller but trusted stores)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Amazon marketplace might be worth a try, I once asked a seller there if they could find me a rare book. When it arrived it was a 1966 first edition.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm, not bad, but it's like ebay...just checked it :(

Um...looney-could you read my question about the adress...not sure to put in my suburb into city or not :(

It's confusing...

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

address 2 is if it doesnt all go on the first line. In my case address 1 would be house number and street name, address 2 would be my village, then city would be the nearest town (not a city, since I don't live near a city)

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Oh...

So I am correct.

ad 1- 03 faker st

ad2-malvern (suburb)

city-melbourne(city)

Thanks-I wish I could pay you for your hard work looney :)