1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Where have all the games gone?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by WillsMum, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillsMum

WillsMum Member

Help... I am a technophobe mummy of a 7 year old boy. I joined yesterday and have successfully downloaded a couple of games for him to play..thank you very much.

Now everytime I try to download it says that Winzip cannot extract the file... I have tried deleting a few games and that seemed to go ok.

I have just tried to do this again and all the whole folder of 130+ games is showing as empty!!! I have put it into my son's ds and it just get's stuck on loading..

I don't think I did anything different to yesterday... anyone know how to help? Please use words on one syllable and long explanations..

Thank you in advance

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Games have to be unpacked from the rar archive

You could download and install winrar and 7zip to do this

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

If your system is 32bit then download WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 3.90

For 64bit PCs, WinRAR x64 (64 bit) 3.90

7Zip DL hear

http://www.7-zip.org/

If it get stuck on loading, It mabe your kernel

But what card or you using?

Your game will end with .nds

Like, But you can rename the game also

Ben 10 Alien Force Vilgax Attacks.nds

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think you may have deleted the firmware files off your MicroSD card. As well as many of the games (probably by accident).

Go to www.linfoxdomain.com/ds and download the latest firmware for your card, extract them, and put the files on your MicroSD card.

4. WillsMum

WillsMum Member

Thank you for your help....

This card was bought in Turkey... How do I work out which firmware my card has?? It has this printed on the card - Kingston...

Also if you don't mind me asking .... When I put the micro sd thingy in the correct slot on my computer.. it used to bring up a portable disc/folder... now absolutely nothing...it's as though nothing is in there and the whole disk drive has gone?

What can I have done?

Thank you for your patience

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your MicroSD (the chip you connect to your Computer) may have failed.

You can try a new reader (the part you plug the MicroSD into then into your computer). This will rule out the reader as the source of the problem. Otherwise you may have to buy a new MicroSD. The reader is cheaper and easier to check first.

6. Jhon 591

I mean was it a R4 card or somethink else?, Kingston is your microsd card and if you format it you can start again from scratch

You may have formated it, Thats why it mabe blank, but i down't know

Try again in anuther usb port, TirithRR let's not jump in the deep end buy saying "may have failed"

7. WillsMum

WillsMum Member

oh thank you for bearing with me.. I really am trying to keep up..

When it was bought, the guy told us that it was an R4 card. I have tried it in another usb port but it just doesn't register. I'm more worried now what I have done to my "j" portable drive... it's completely disappeared...

Just had a brainwave..I'll try it in my laptop and see if it works...

Thank you once again

8. Jhon 591

OK, R4 revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)... it should say that on the card its self?, Not R4 SDHC is it?

Dose the micro SD card "open" on your PC with no think on it as a blank?, If it opens it works

Don't worry, this will not affect your R4 card its self

Edit: If you mean your (J) is not registering try taking your card in and out again and see if it works, it could be your reader not your usb drive
    Post Merge: [time]1257186511[/time]
    If it is a R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS), Only!

See my topic click hear

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=22731.msg412275#msg412275

9. WillsMum

WillsMum Member

Well, yesterday morning it opened with "no think" and all the files and games were shown... Then later, it opened but completely blank.... now it doesn't open at all and I can't even find the "j" drive listed on my computer anywhere!!!

I don't know which card it is as there is only a picture of mario kart on the front..

Thanks ...

I'm off to try my laptop now

10. Jhon 591

Try a cotton bud, and give the pins in the microSD reader a clean, or microSD card pins as well, may help

This how a R4 should look, Mario is they stickers all over it or somethink?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. WillsMum

WillsMum Member

Ok. I have tried it on my laptop and nada.... might as well have stuck my finger in the slot. There's no recognition from my laptop that I have stuck anything in at all..

What do I need to buy please to restore my little boy's faith in me? and where from?

You have all been so helpful, i am very grateful

12. Jhon 591

I down't know what part of the word where you are

But in england you can get a new R4 with reader for £13 or less, Any indoor market selling mobile phones ext might have one, See pic abouth, also a silver screw in the back of the R4 cart should be original r4

13. WillsMum

WillsMum Member

Hi.. I am in Essex, UK.. I have taken a photo of the card.. how do I attach it on here?

14. Jhon 591

You will have to join somethink like http://photobucket.com/ and upload, then post your url hear, or link

15. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

go here : http://tinypic.com/ to select the file from the PC and upload it. Then wait until the next page is loaded and select all the codes in "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"

You should get something similar like this:
    [nobbc][​IMG][/nobbc]

paste it in the reply topic here...

and when it's posted it'll look like this:
    [​IMG]

Oh, no registration required here. :)

16. Jhon 591

Nice one thanks

17. WillsMum

WillsMum Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ta da!

18. Jhon 591

Lol, somebody have put a sticker of mario on the front and riped of the R4 sticker

Yes it is a R4 in one way but im unto sure it not having a silver screw in the back, could this be fake?

Im starting to think it is!, Thouse pins on the back have holes along the top edge in them, mine down't

Have you tryed to put it in your ds alone without a microsd chip in it?

Although im not saying it is not a original, it just down't look right

19. WillsMum

WillsMum Member

I should imagine it is a fake then.. oh well lesson learned.

How do I go about buying a proper one? He is hoping santa brings him a DSi ;) so will need something compatible.

I think I need to restore my little boys faith in mummy now and get the real thing..

You've been great.. thanks for helping

20. Jhon 591

hear is the back of my R4 cart, see the screw and no holes in the back of the top ledge pins

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ops, The arrow pointing down on your one is not in the center more left, Look at the top one on mine it is bold in the center

Im starting to think it is not a original

They may have bean a converted CD on your microSD chip that reads with your cart but ownly 130 fake but useable games

100% fake!, Just to look at your r4 on the back, I can not see lines from the pins... but holes in them insted

Get one from a english indoor market with a R4 logo on the front, Or a Acekard 2i for a DSi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.