1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Where do you stand on the social hierarchy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Born2killx, May 26, 2009.

?

Where do you stand on the social hierarchy?

1. Super popular / Elite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Amongst the greatest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm sorry, what's your name again?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Don't get near that guy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

You know what I'm talking about. You know how in school there are always the popular kids and the social outcasts? Now this is the time to tell everyone where you stand on the social hierarchy.

Super popular / Elite: You are the king (or queen) of the social ladder. You are cool, popular, the trendsetter, and everyone loves you. The majority of people in this group have good looks. You have tons of friends.

Amongst the greatest: You reside in the clique of which the above is the leader of. You are also popular, and often hang with others of your social class alongside the elite. Or, you are cool for some unique reason that characterizes you. You have dozens of friends or more.

Average: You are not the best of the best, but you are still known. You're not invisible, but you're not at the center of attention. You are acquaintances with the above two, but often tend to hang with a couple friends.

I'm sorry, what's your name again?: This selection means that you tend to stay away from attention. Through the lack of social interaction, some know you, but do not socialize with you. Few above average recognize you, and you tend to only stay with one or two close friends.

Don't get near that guy.: You are weird. The social outcast, if you will, from the point of view of others. Perhaps it is due to a mental ailment that causes you to display strange behavior, or it is because you antagonize others quickly. Surprisingly, you are recognized by more people than the above rank, but only because you are the target of bullying or insults. You have no friends, but perhaps an acquaintance or two.

I'd like to see how we in the RomUlation community view ourselves on the social hierarchy. I myself would call myself average. I have many friends. I hang out with 5 or 6 of them frequently. My most commonly known trait is my technological savviness. Many of my friends come whining to be about their computer problems. I currently have a friend I am helping with building a computer. We are stuck in the "shopping cart" phase because he simply refuses to stay with the list I gave him. First he chose triple-channel DDR3 for an LGA 775 system. We looked around at some AMDs, and he tried to pair a Socket AM2+ Phenom with a Socket AM3 board. He thinks he can SLI a graphics card and an onboard controller and simply cannot understand my explanation of why you can't do that, and why onboard sucks. I'm getting off topic. Anyways, just tell us where you believe you stand socially.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Amongst the greatest. I'm fairly popular, have a lot of friends, however I only hang out with 3 of them at the most at school breaks.

3. KainOdius

KainOdius Active Member

In high school I was amongst the greatest. I had my own motley crew, accepted by most social circles and an all around liked guy. Since then I've quickly devolved to what's your name again. I stick to the shadows at work, don't strive for greatness just personal contentment and keep to my small chosen number of friends.

Quite the contrast I must say.

4. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

I'd say I'm the weird one.
    I don't like being social, and everyone I know thinks that I'm alien, because I don't like being social.

5. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I do what I do... the people who like me seem to love me, but the one's the don't seem to hate me, I guess theres no middle ground with me.

6. Vainone

Vainone Well-Known Member

I'm like the thread maker, average, but the people who do know me love me for my tech savvy.

Amongst the greatest in school i knew everyone and everyone knew me, but i kept my close friends close and everyone else at arms length.

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I'm not very social, but I somehow attact lots of people especally at work don't know if they just don't have better things to do or they are trying to figure me out, but in the long run I get along with all of them and I seem to be well known.

8. sirchewie

sirchewie Active Member

haha, and yet youre a pro gamer and a moderator on a gaming website forum

9. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

no such things as nerds in Canada!
    There are only hunters and liars :p

10. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

I'm an average guy. Always have been...

11. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

You forgot Lumberjacks.. Then theres the Ice Road Truckers...

12. crazytuna

well lumberjacks hunt for wood and ice road truckers for...ice roads...

13. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Oh I remembered.. They have "Mounties" aswell.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

He's a lumberjack and he's OK, he sleeps all night and he works all day :p

15. crazytuna

haha nice "poem"

16. Loonylion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

17. crazytuna

I think you just have a new found love for lumberjacks Loony

18. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

okay? weird.

i'm among the "I'm sorry what's your name again?" section. i don't like direct attention cause it makes me feel awkward. so i tend to stay away from all the "fun", if you will. probably the thing that keeps me from the "Average" group. i know 3 guys that i talk to at school, my neighbour (we haven't done much for a little while now) and a girl living near where i live.
    within the 3 guys at school i'm pretty much the "Flashcard Master" cause they don't wanna figure out themselves how to update cheats, change the themes, patch games, and the likes. so i do a lot of that for them ;D

19. Loonylion

No, I just think Monty Python are one of the greatest comedy acts ever.

20. crazytuna

oh my god, I have just discovered the amazing of Monty Python too :eek: