1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Where can I get an R4 dsi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by finkrocks44, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finkrocks44

finkrocks44 Active Member

I have an r4ds, but i just bought a dsi recently and wanted a flashcart to work with it. I DO NOT want to get a clone, i have heard so many stories about r4clones that turn out badly. Is there any good website to buy an r4i (preferably that can support slot 2, sdhc, and version 1.4) I'm okay with spending a little over average if the r4i is not a clone, supports sdhc, has slot 2 already programed in, and is compatible with version 1.4. if you know any site where i can buy one please tell me (respond to this thread, or pm me)

2. Smartalec13

Smartalec13 Member

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Acekard2i $12 from Hong Kong.

4. finkrocks44

Can the Acekard2i use slot 2, is it compatible with all games, is it compatible with 1.4, does it support sdhc? And how easy is it to set up, and how easily can it be broken? (sorry for all the questions, im just tryin to find a good flashcart)

5. three_strangers

three_strangers Well-Known Member

Acekard is a pretty good card for the DS and the one that I have says that its compatible with DSi. Not sure if that's true though. It just says it on the label.

6. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

go here

http://www.gamebygame.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=184

7. finkrocks44

the Acekard2i looks pretty good, but two questions:
    1) Does it have slot 2 compatibility (can it play gba roms on the dsi)
    2) Are there any known problems with the acekard (certain games not working, the cart breaking/malfunctioning, etc.)

8. rocky059

rocky059 Member

www.r4chipheads.vpweb.com

9. theunderling

Im currently trying to find out if the SupercardDSi is better than the Acekard2i.I dont know if either can play GBA roms,but one of the Mods will know for sure....

10. finkrocks44

Do you know how long it will be before a mod reads this?

11. theunderling

Seph/Loonylion/Tirith/Anandjones.

I was hoping one of them could verify what setup you need to play GBA on the DSI.They dont like people PM'ing them as they are busy doing other things-or maybe its just me they dont like PM'ing them LOL

12. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

you can only play GBA games on the DSI with the iplayer cart .......go here

http://www.gamebygame.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=205

good luck 8)

13. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

dealextreme. One of the cheapest places on the net and charges free shipping. Flashcarts range from $8-15

14. finkrocks44

I've been on deal extreme, but the problem is they have a lot of r4 clones there :(

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

just go for acekard 2.i, it works on ALL ds models.

That super card dsi or whatever isn't finished yet.

And don't go for r4...just no.

16. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

Everyone that sells R4 cards will sell clones as the original ones haven't been made for a long time so would be out of stock EVERYWHERE by now. Their Acekards are the real deal from everything I have read and seen.

17. finkrocks44

So the Acekard 2i is going to be the best? can it play gba games? and i havnt searched it up yet, so do you guys know if the acekard is compatible with 1.4?

18. Beeacon

Beeacon Member

just got an Acekard 2i, use the AKAIO 1.5 firmware. will do everything you need. not sure about GBA roms, but does absolutely everything else with stability.

P.S. I have a DSi with the 1.4 upgrade and this works. Make sure to get the Danny Phantom update for it though.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No DSi carts can play GBA roms at this time (except iplayer, which apparently doesnt play NDS roms very well)

20. finkrocks44

The R4i redant (clone) can play GBA games, but i dont want a clone, i heard of problems with some ds roms with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.