1. This forum is in read-only mode.

When will Nintendo stop trying to rebel against r4?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by pheekum, Dec 31, 2009.

1. pheekum

pheekum Active Member

Itsz really annoying because i cant buy things from online and my game store stopped selling r4's becuase its annoying them aswell.

When i was finally happy with my r4....version 1.4 came along and ruined it all...

I havent upgraded to it so im styl 1.3 but its not working anyway for some reason.

The question is when will they stop trying to pull a fast one on homebrew devices, because theyve never done this before

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Nintendo will never stop fighting Piracy.
    If Nintendo keeps stepping up, eventually the poor quality cards like the R4 will go away. Which will be better for everyone :)

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

If Nintendo really want to fight piracy they shouldn't create consoles that are so easily hackable.

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Plus we would all be bored as hell with nothing to look forward to.

5. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Well said

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

True! ;D

But then if they didn't step-up on their AP, then i wouldn't have any fun in hacking my wii.

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Yes, whitout AP, it isn't exciting anymore :)

8. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

Just get a cyclo FULLSTOP.

9. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Nintendo's only industry nowadays is pretty much games. As their primary means of profit, you can't blame them for doing what they can to prevent piracy. What they need to start doing more of is releasing demos (which they're starting to do for WiiWare, which is a step forward). The big pirates (the ones that never buy games period) are the leeches on gaming and need to find a new hobby if they refuse to buy the games they enjoy.

I assume most of us here pirate mainly to try games out before we make the buy/avoid decision.

10. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Of course, what kind of devillishly handsome pirate do you take me for?

11. ndholyoak

ndholyoak Member

I think they do it because the R4 allows people to download Roms for free and play them but if there were no R4 nintendo would be getting more money. If the DS games dont come with a Copyright that stops romulation posting there rom then romulation wouldnt post that rom. Therefore nintendo need to inform the people who make the games to have the correct copyrights to stop roms being made of their games.

12. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Hell no, I'm a cheap bastard why pay if I can get it for free. :p "ARRRGH! Your booty shivers me timbers...and other pirate like words!"

j/k I do eventually buy the games I like if, I didn't then i would be part of the whole that is to blame for the downfall of video games by pirating everything and not funding for more games...that I can take (!?) damn this is a vicious cycle. Ah well keeps 'em on their toes.

13. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

If everybody pirated software, companies would eventually stop making games altogether. No profit, no product... a sad future indeed.

14. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Stopping only the R4 manufacturers is like stealing a bucket of water from the ocean.

The fact is that piracy will not cease. Instead of focusing only on the bad aspects, these companies could figure out what the values of the community are and provide services that make their piracy moot. Demos are a good example of that. If you could demo _any_ DS game for 2-3 hours, would you download as many games as you do now?

If piracy were to magically disappear, you would see less people buying games, especially in current economic times. Why? Because consumers want to know that their money is being well-spent. If they've had the opportunity to play a game before they buy it, they're more likely to spend their money with more confidence; whether the money goes to that particular game or not.

It's like getting rid of test driving vehicles. If a dealer does not offer a test drive of a car you're interested in, would you buy it? I wouldn't.

15. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

Demo is good but my solution would be to eliminate internet. Blame the internet, everyone is anonymous (unless you are a host of the website). Who wouldn't be afraid of anything illegal?

In short, scrap Internet!

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

piracy existed long before the internet and will continue to exist long after.

17. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

freedom isn't free, but digital items off the internet always are.

18. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

I hate how out of so many flashcarts, they take it out on the R4... I like R4 the most...

19. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Newer R4s (clones/SDHC compatible) support 1.4 FW.

Piracy existed pretty much ever since anything was copyrighted, as early as the 17th century. It will never end.

20. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

even dolphin can run wii, ps3 and 360 emulator still arent avaible