1. This forum is in read-only mode.

When is it considered too much?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kenyi, Oct 13, 2007.

1. kenyi

kenyi Member

I was just wondering what you think is a reasonable amount of time to play a game in one sitting? I have heard of people pulling all nighters or even surpassing 24hrs only stopping briefly to use the washroom or get a snack.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

medical recommendation in the UK is no more than 2 hours straight.

3. Rockstar99

Rockstar99 Well-Known Member

I would probably go for a whole morning or until lunch on the holidays, but thats if I find a really good game! On school days....I would get probably an afternoon, if i didnt have any sports on!

4. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I don't play for long periods of time; and if you do I'd recommend a short break every 1-2 hours at least.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you are supposed to have a minimum 15 minute break every hour apparently.

6. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

WHen my parents don't whine about it, i play about three hours, but in between i relax my fingers, get myself a drink, etc... I think longer isn't healthy anymore, especially on a DS/GBA, for your eyes fix on a small area the whole time.

7. Solm

Solm Member

I normally play for one hour per day, but would love to play for longer.

8. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I don't play videogames much anymore, but I really can't play for more than an hour. "Medically", even, I've started getting headaches/sick-sweats/urges-to-throw-up when I play too long. An example of this is the PS2 game "Black", which I started to play. The missions are, like, 1.5hrs long... There's also an obnoxious amount of contrast and blur (TV likely to blame for that) which adds to the "It feels like I'm spinning around while blinking rapidly.

Annnnyways.

9. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

When Halo (one) first came out I hired an Xbox and Halo and played for 38 hours strait, stopping only to take a leak and fetch more beers from the fridge.

Dont think ill be doing that again anytime soon :p

but on average id say I game for 3-4 hours a pop.