1. This forum is in read-only mode.

When downloading, am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dw24872450, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw24872450

dw24872450 New Member

sorry if this is in wrong place but when I have downloaded a rom, via Europe server, it tells me I have followed an incorrect link - does this happen to everyone or what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance, Dave W.

2. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

Have you tried US link?

3. dw24872450

dw24872450 New Member

I believe I have but will try again to be on safe side. Not sure if it is a generic warning telling me not to accept or pass on via other sources but it does say it every time I logout. Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Is this a specific game?

5. dw24872450

dw24872450 New Member

Hi, i've just tried downloading Rubik's Puzze World (just for speed as low mb size), downloaded perfectly but once I logged out, I got the following message:

"» Incorrect download link followed, do not use direct download links sent by friends or other websites."

Again, not sure if I did follow anything wrongly or is this just a generic warning as I've not been banned or restricted in any way, but it does come up every time I log out??

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...let's go thru a few things...

1.do you share links?

2.Do you download when not logged in?

3.This is what I do when downloading, always logging in (my personal computer) and download away...no redirected links...

If I do, it's gotta be the start page of downloads (ie the one with the comments and pics of games)...

You can log in or out, but make sure you follow the routine-just incase-never had that before because I'm always logging in.

7. AceKilla

AceKilla Well-Known Member

I think you multiple download it. The Link can only be download 1 file at a time. So 1 file for the U.S link and 1 file for the europe link. Am i right?

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Download links cannot be shared, and are created every time you download a specific file.

Are you trying to go to the direct download again using the same link you were initially given? Are you using Dial up or some other dynamic IP ISP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.