1. This forum is in read-only mode.

When do they update the cheats on gbatemp?

Discussion in 'Cheats & Hints' started by saken_, Sep 15, 2009.

1. saken_

saken_ Active Member

I was wondering when they update their cheats since all thes POKM codes are popping out of nowhere and i can't seem to get my R4 to take in any of the codes I try putting in with r4cce....

And there seems to be some pokesavs out too but its in spanish and japanese and unfortunately my pc doesn't show the characters(letters) properly (¬,¬)

2. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Dunno. When I managed the cheat file, I updated nearly everyday. The dude I passed the task to (Narin) has multiple real-life jobs, so he doesn't have as much free time to update as often.

Personally, I washed my hands of the cheat dats a long time ago. Nobody helped me at all, I had to scour AR code sites all by myself, whereas he has a whole crew helping him. :-\

3. saken_

saken_ Active Member

wow, and he still can't help us Poke-boos out,
    Oh well, I guess Ill just be patient~
    thanks for the info

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

GBAtemp have their own dedicated cheat team which make their own codes (with exceptions of 'donations' from other users). I'm in it, however I haven't made codes as of late. Been busy.

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

today they updated their cheats... supports a ton of J and E games besides M&L BIS.

6. saken_

saken_ Active Member

yeap, downloaded those yesterday~
    But out of all the games I have for some reason the cheat button won't show up for Pokemon heart gold, but it shows for all the others ???
    anyone have any clues as to why that is?

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If it's been patched, the GameID would have changed. Change it using R4CCE. Load the ROM using the ... button, which will replace the current GameID in the gametable for Pokemon Heart Gold, and then save the database. For any other issues on cheats not appearing, read the Common Issues https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

8. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Only if it's ARM7 patched, if not, try a custom firmware, that made my HG/SS cheats actually work.