1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's wrong with my game?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by snuffeltjesnuselte22, Apr 11, 2010.

1. snuffeltjesnuselte22

snuffeltjesnuselte22 Active Member

I have pokemon SS now on my r4i-sdhc, but it's doing really strange. Sometimes there should appear something or someone but then it doesn't. Like when I got to the 8th gym in johto and wanted to fight the gym leader I didn't have to fight her because I had allready defeated her... without even fighting her! At the lake of rage Lance didn't appear. I went to the power plant in kanto and there should be something happening, but the machine is up and running in my game allready without doing anything! Now I can't battle misty... and suicune is also not showing up.

I've used quite some patches on this game like the J to U translator patch and rudolphs working patch. I've also used some cheats.

What is this and can I do something about it?

2. OXOBloxo

OXOBloxo Well-Known Member

The firmware on r4i-sdhc cards has that game fixed so you should only run a clean rom that hasnt been patched at all.

get it here http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=38733.msg705496#msg705496

3. snuffeltjesnuselte22

Thanks, but I don't have that 1.4 mark on my r4i-sdhc. Can I use 1.20 on my card without that?

4. OXOBloxo

yes sorry "R4i SDHC without the 1.4" 1.20b firmware wont work

so does yours definately have the i after R4, because if it doesnt and just has R4, 1.20b will work on it.

5. snuffeltjesnuselte22

It has an i after it for sure. I have an original r4DS too, so can I put the firmware on that card and play?

Oh and BTW... It doesn't fix the U version of the game... It's not in the list. Or does it work?

6. OXOBloxo

Well if you have an original R4 you are in luck just put on the new R4 Wood Firmware and all cleann pokemon roms work perfectly!!!

Loads of games now work on this firmware Including Warioware DIY, Bowers Inside Story & many many more

Just be sure to use games that havent been already been patched, (games saves by ".nds.sav" so you may have to rename the save you already have)

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=38948.0

7. snuffeltjesnuselte22

Thank you very much. Can I pm you later if I wanna ask you something more?

Do you think it will fix the problem with my sav I have now?

8. OXOBloxo

Yes sure PM me

That new firmware will only save in (.nds.sav) format but i think that you can just rename the save you have for it to work as long as you use a the same version rom as it was created on (U) oe (E).

If you use a clean rom of the same one you was playing i think your save will work ok, (fingers crossed)

9. snuffeltjesnuselte22

It works on my card but the game just froze. And now it doesn't load. Well, to bad. I guess I have to start all over xD

wtf... My card just crashed... I get a endless loading screen.

A question: What is the CC file? Cheat codes?

Edit: Reformatted and put everything in the root again. I'm now gonna try to start the game

10. OXOBloxo

Oh..

So...

You have formatted your SD card for your R4 Original...

Copied the R4 Wood Firmware file and folder across to it

Copied a clean unpatched copy of the game across... it must not be patched in anyway! (the copy you spoke of using had been patched)

copy your pokemon save across to SD card, rename that save file to (whatevergameis).nds.sav copy that across

This should work....

11. snuffeltjesnuselte22

Well, I did that yes, but I'll just start the game over later or something. At least mario and luigi works! Thanks!