1. This forum is in read-only mode.

whats the difference ....1.2e & 1.4e

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tonygibralter, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonygibralter

tonygibralter Member

can anyone shed any light on this for me ?????

whats is the most up to date version ???????

and any other general info on this would be good for me.....not been downloading the games for long at all

thank you

2. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

huh what?

3. tonygibralter

tonygibralter Member

sorry..............DSI....in settings, on the botom right of the top screen...............mine is ver 1.2e...............ive read a few other posts about people with version 1.4e

what does this determine ???????

chers

4. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Each newer version is tweaked to be more compatible with newer games etc.Normally,a changelog is included so you can see what theyve added or removed.

5. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

1.2e is the 2nd update on the European DSi hardware. 1.4e is the more up to date. Word of warning though, upgrading may sound cool, but if you do, you may take away your flashcart's functionality. So think it through, and consult your flashcart.

6. tonygibralter

tonygibralter Member

will the 1.2e version support al or most games ????

7. dancubs

If it's real game carts you're talking about, then yes. I haven't heard any game cart problems with 1.2 firmware on the dsi.

Flash carts? I'm not really sure yet. A lot of problems exist, and they come in rom from rom, so it's hard to tell.

8. tonygibralter

tonygibralter Member

magic, i know that i cant get mario and sonic at the winter olympics to work but thats the only one so far.

your help has been great thank you very much 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

9. dancubs

No worries, buddy. Enjoy your newly downloaded Mario and Sonic. I personally did not enjoy it, but I hope you do. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.