1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's the best Ps2 emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Joel16, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

haha like the topic says? well which one, cause I see romulation's hosting ps2 roms and boy can't I wait to get hands on my new laptop ;D I'm looking to play shadow of the colossus. Please tell me that the emulators are stable and won't lagg >_>

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Re: What's the best Ps2 emulatory

PCSX2
    Best by far.

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Re: What's the best Ps2 emulatory

The performance depends on your PC specs, although it gets better with every release as emulation bugs are sorted out. Shadows of the Colossus is one of the more demanding games for the emu, so good luck.

4. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys :) i'll look into it

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Agreed PCSX2 is the best by far. I can play SOTC full speed on my ancient PC so anything new should be fine. Take some time to learn how to set up the speed hacks and graphics settings though or it will be slow.

6. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

yup i use it too, all the time.
    really? shadow of colossus at full speed?! i thought it was a really demanding game?

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

This should help you out:
    http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Shadow_of_the_Colossus
    I don't know how recent this entry is, but note the reqs for 60fps regardless

8. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

ok thanks thats a lot of info in there. :)

But i have to limit my pcsx2 usage and gaming coz i use my new laptop, dont want it to overheat or get it damaged.
    I have a desktop and i would really love to play on it but its pretty old (4 yrs old) and its specs is not that great either.
    But its in perfect working condition and works fine. My sister uses it every day.

I've been thinking of overclocking the cpu it but im not sure if ill get any difference, maybe anyone here could help me out?
    Loony is really good at this, so i want to hear his opinion?

Specs:
    [​IMG]

9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Should have linked this in my other post as well. PCSX2 seems to be a real "it depends" emulator.

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=PCSX2#Hardware_and_Software

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Yeah, with my spec I shouldn't be able to play full speed but it just works, many people with better computers than me have problems. I can even speed up a lot of games when I come to parts I've already seen, perfect for when you get your ass kicked by a boss that comes with an un-skippable cut scene :D

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nothing really wrong with the cpu, get more ram and a real graphics card, that will make much more difference

12. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

ok great advice thanks :) ill see what i can do. ill have to wait till next year though, i recently purchased a new system so...