1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's the average age ...

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by toonboy7, Sep 15, 2007.

1. toonboy7

toonboy7 Member

... In this forum, the Anime/Manga, that is.

I'm older myself, probably older than most of you here, and have worked in the animation industry (NorthAmerica, not Overseas), and I was curious.

thanks

2. Raymillion

Raymillion Member

Does age realated to animation market??
    I don't get the point here. ???

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

age relates to anything commercial, its called a target demographic...

4. yuen300

yuen300 New Member

of course it does relate!!!!
    or else if u doing anime or manga, your main audience is targeted to the kid or teenage, you won't think that any senior citizien which around 60-90 going to watch it.

5. IceFiend

IceFiend Active Member

Most people who *spend money* on anime in the States are in their mid-to-late twenties.

6. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Well.. ::) I'm a big fan of Hentai! I'm 15.. *shhhhhush*

7. Aldonis

Aldonis New Member

Anyone who likes anime is either a child or a disgusting neckbearded man-child.

8. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

It depends.
    Ever watched Grave of the fireflies
    Anime can be serious from time to time

Plus Parents may have to wacht some because of their kids

9. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Average anime sucks, but there's a few quality shows out there!

You really can't say one peticular genre sucks all together.

10. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Me too *cough I mean your a disgusting person...

11. launch

launch Member

I think anime/manga is for mostly teens and people in their 20s. I really can't see old people sitting there and watching something like Bleach or Death Note.

This is from a North American perspective I don't know about people from Asia or other countries.

12. nisbahmumtaz

nisbahmumtaz Well-Known Member

Huh.YouTube has about EVERY known anime to sub.(Except maybe Kaiketsu Zorori.God I love furry anime!!!Why won't they sub??11!! :()So anyone can just like,look elsewhere for Hentai and that type of shit since YouTube isn't on the path of mature images but rough language is about on every single comment.All the 13's in my school is the 'NarutoBleachOnePiece' type(excluding,moi)which they download normally from torrents.I watch WAY too many different series.

13. BlackDragon043

BlackDragon043 New Member

Anyone can watch anime, no matter how old they are. But it might look weird. ~_~

14. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

I don't know. I can imagine a grandpa watching anime and I don't find it weird. Kinda cute actually

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Okay so I'm from Asia so here's the 4-1-1, If you're from Japan, you know that everyone watches anime. kids watch em' teens watch em, people in their late 20's watch em' & get ready for a shock... Even grampas & grannies watch em' why, coz apparently most of those senior citizens grew up with Astroboy, Doraemon & the super robot series like Mazinger Z, Voltes V & Dancouger (if you're not familiar with thes, just google 'em ok)

Here in my homeland, the Philippines, being so close to Japan, watching anime was nothing special, so the age demographic also is similar. But there's something we have here that's an extreme drag, a government agency called MTRCB or the Movie & Television Review & Classification Board, a STUPID, FUC***IN' agency that regulates tv & movies run by Conservative" hypocrites who say what IS & what is not viewer "Appropriate" so all the cool violent, sexually oriented blood & gore & religion questioning stuff are not allowed.

God if I only knew an Al Queada agent or Taliban insurgent I'd beg for them to destroy that damn agency grrr!! It's a total violation of freedom of rxpression :'( :'(

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Virtually every developed country has such an agency, and I wouldn't ask the taliban to do anything if I were you, they ban films etc outright.

17. monter

monter Guest

I really dont think kids watch anime alot they might of seen the edited anime on kids channels but they would of thought it was all american.
    My fist anime was dragonball Z and to me i thought that was american but with chinese symbols.

So you can say kids watch anime they just dont really understand it well enough.

18. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

Nowadays those type of laws don't really do much.

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

My First anime was Super Book" & "Flying House" lol ;D ;D

Yup those two "Bible" cartoons are anime!!

20. nisbahmumtaz

nisbahmumtaz Well-Known Member

Try watching Ginga Nagareboshi Gin without feeling a sick in your stomach. :-X
    Some dogs in that anime even 'urinate in fear' or as we say,pissed teh shat outta them.