1. This forum is in read-only mode.

whats recommended specs for wii emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kosta032, Oct 5, 2010.

1. kosta032

kosta032 Well-Known Member

does any one know i got a dual core 2.4 ghz 1.5 gb rams and a 9400 gt before u say anything my super comp was destroyed in fire and insurance said cause family member did it its not covered :( still rebuilding it

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nowhere near good enough. You need the fastest CPU available and even that will struggle.

3. kosta032

no i checked i need 2 upgrade my ram to 2 gbs

4. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

You honestly think changing from 1.5 to 2gb ram will make a difference? And what did you "check" exactly? Whatever you checked is dead wrong, as I have the same processor, MORE ram, and a significantly better video card, and dolphin is unplayable for me. You need to be closer to 3ghz dual core to run it well.

5. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Try running wiiware. It's small to download, and uses a hell of a lot less ram. I've ran world of goo, the adventure island wiimake and the contra/gradius/castlevania GB wiimakes full speed on a computer with ONE GIG of ram.

but ya. You aren't gonna get too far with actual wii disc isos.

6. basho1213

basho1213 Well-Known Member

heres a better idea for the price of what youll need to buy to play it you could have gotten a wii, gotten it hacked, and got a 1tb hd.

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

lolololol

8. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

a wii is good specs to play wii games

9. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

If you wanna good graphics bellow 30FPS, I suggest a Nvidia GeForce 9800GT, I with this Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 got above 60FPS in Resident Evil Remake and The Darkside Chronicles, these are well know as heavy games to run in Dolphin emulator.
    The version Dolphin 6225 is so far so good here.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

emulation is CPU bound not memory bound. Upgrading your ram will have ZERO effect unless you're running too little for your OS to start with.

11. kosta032

well i just upgraded my ram to 4gb and it runs fucken perfectly :) 60 fps

12. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

What game?? I use Dolphin and have 4GB laptop but all the games run way too slow for my liking.... Right now im saving up for a better computer....

13. kosta032

yeah forgot to mention its 3.4 dual core not 2.4 lol my bad and yes it was my ram cause upgraded that and presto faster frames

14. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Geforce 9400 is same as a 8600, but with lil' better things.
    Try overcloking or changing the GPU.
    A 8800GT or 9800GT is good, but for it's price, I suggest a GTS 250 or ATI Radeon HD 4870

About the ram, what matters too is the latency and clock, ddr2 for example can go to 1066MHz, but not many mainboard ddr2 support this speed, most are 667-800MHz
    DDR3 woulda be great, from 1333MHz
    The Emulador only uses 2 cores, so a quad core wouldn't be much help with this one, what matter is the external clock.
    But if you aim playing other agmes, pc games, I sugesta a quad core, amd is cheaper and better than intel, the cost x benefit is so great.

15. kosta032

yeah well i got it working