1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what's AKAIO

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lugia543, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

I just got an acekard and when i went to the website, i saw this thing called AKAIO. i read some comments saying to turn on AKAIO to make a ds game work. should i install it? i am using acekard 2i. what's AKAIO? I also heard some people talking about Sakura. is Sakura the same as AKAIO?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sakura is a type of firmware...for a different card.

AKIO is the alternitive firmware for acekard, and personally...I find it BETTER than the official.

The install is the same as the official acekard one, just uses a different folder name called "_aio"

3. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

how do i install it? it doesn't come with a readme so i don't know how. when i start up my acekard it says acekard RPG (if ever that's gonna be any help)

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Did you install the previous firmware yourself?

And what is the label on your acekard?

2.i

RPG

Just making sure :)

5. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

It is acekard 2i but when i use it it is acekard RPG

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You install AKAIO just like you install the other acekard firmwares. Just extract the files and put them on your microSD.

Is it your skin that says RPG, not the Acekard?

7. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

yep it's just the skin. i will change it to the zelda skin. i was just wondering if installing AKAIO will disrupt my acekards compatibility with my dsi V1.4U
    EDIT: oh and just to be sure, I didn't buy the acekard from an original store so i'm not sure if my acekards genuine

8. ikj12

ikj12 Member

It's extremely rare to come upon a fake acekard, so it's probably real. And no, AKAIO will not disrupt your acekard's compatibility with your dsi V1.4U

9. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

so i just download , AKAIO, AKAIO loader and AKAIO wifi, drop them in to my acekard and delete the akmenu4.nds and __ak2 folder and everything will be ok?

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes.

(but backup your save files just in case).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.