1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What´s the best flashcard out there?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by aguirre, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguirre

aguirre Member

After three enjoyable years I´m thinking about getting rid of my M3 Perfect and getting a new card instead. One that I can use with my current DS Lite and possibly with the DSi, if I buy one in the future. But there are lots of different cards and emulators out there, so it´s quite hard to get a grasp of everything, therefore my question.
    In your opinion, what´s the best emulation system?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: What´s the best emulation system out there?

you mean the best flashcart. If you want a DSi compatible one, get the acekard 2i. If you're not bothered about DSi compatibility, get the CycloDS Evolution.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The topic was mis-leading, I thought like, consoles, I suggest a title change...oh well.

My answer originally, other than make your own, was to get a psp, does 64 games really well, don't worry, mine second hand...sony won't see any cash XD

(Loony is right about the card choices though)

Ds best emulators are still good, in most cases, SNemu is the best snes one, and NESds for nes games, lameboy for gb/gbc games, apprentice minus ds for master system/gamegear, and the big brother to apprentice minus which does mega drive games (wish I could remember the name-it was awsome except the lack of sega cd support due to system size).

If only they were still continuing support for NESds (some games don't work 100%) and SNemu (the chip set games, like star fox, won't work, nor some "mode 7" games, like the original piliot wings).

...Sorry for the stretch, you DID ask about emu's for ds carts, so I listed what I'd use.

4. bankaiichigo987

bankaiichigo987 Well-Known Member

You should go on Dealsextreme to get them they have a large selection and have them at way cheap compared to all other sites (I'm serious) There is R4i's, Acekard2i, DSTTi (would not recommend dstt it's never reliable), I would recommend Acekard2i because there are too many R4 clones not sure which is better or if there all the same (yet they are cheap)

5. Light_Of_Darkness

Light_Of_Darkness Well-Known Member

not all R4 clones are the same, i have a clone that the layout looks sorta like the DSTT layout and my sis's clone is a clone of the original layout (but it freezes and mine doesn't) yeah dealxtreme has freaking cheap prices+free worldwide delivery. if u need to know more about a card go to their website.

6. keith101

keith101 Active Member

dealextreme is wack go to focalprice a lower price as well they ship your item within 3 days as well you can get money back.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Dealextreme is tried and true. I've never heard of "focalprice" I'd rather go somewhere trustworthy than some random place.

Also, "Ship" within 3 days means nothing. That just means when the order "leaves" their facilities, where ever they may be. Delivery is what takes times.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Remember that the DS natively supports Mode 7 for it's engine.

9. aguirre

aguirre Member

Thanks for the replies so far! So, Acekard2i is the favourite until now.
    Sadly I won´t be able to use you shop you all mentioned though. I don´t think they ship all the way to Germany...

10. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Acekard2i if you're going for DSi compatibility, and if unavailable, turn your sites to the DSTTi (www.ndstt.com). However if you're not going for DSi compatibility, i strongly suggest the DSTT, Acekard or CycloDS. Supercard works well too, but don't go around getting things like M3, or R4, or N5. Edge is fine though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.