1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what you all think of the playstation TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackass@lala, Oct 3, 2014.

1. jackass@lala

jackass@lala Well-Known Member

what you all think of the playstation TV? it's about to be launch this month i suppose. where can i pre-order for a better price?

2. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

It's an interesting concept of a Roku/Apple TV killer. With it's ability to game stream ps4 (maybe 3 since vita was capable of game stream with that too) games from the main console to another tv with the PSTV, do the netflix and related, as well as playing some PS vita games and downloadable PSN games and stream PS2 games from Sony's spiffy game server, all for a small chunk of change? Sounds like an excellent addition if it has the ability to do everything it is claimed to do, an good standalone console and possibly a nice way to have your playstation in all rooms without needing to have a bunch of PS4/3s. The big drawback is the lack of supported games for from vita carts and downloadable vita games.... and the lack of internal storage (do you need a lot in a set top box based on an ARM processor?) I won't buy one as I don't need such a device... until it is hacked.

3. jackass@lala

currently i am in love with the ps vita's super clear screen with sword art online game. very good portable console but as long term i guess portable console hurt my eyes. so vita tv seems to be a good solution here. i guess everyone would like to get one if the small thing gets hacked.

4. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

It looks good on paper, but the lack of proper support and poor compatibility really hinders it. Plus there's the whole lack of (non-indie and non-otaku) games thing that Sony doesn't seem to care about. I honestly doubt that it'll have much of a future, even in Japan it sold really bad despite the Vita itself having decent sales at the time.

5. jackass@lala

i fancy those otaku style games on the vita . i just hope they get western release so that i can understand what they are saying.