1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What would you think of a 3DS Perfect Dark remake/3D Port?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Daverid, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Daverid

Daverid New Member

Perfect. Dark.3DS

Note- It IS possible, due to- http://www.interordi.com/mboard/topic.php?id_topic=12834

A discussion of this was here, and several points were made.

I am thinking of starting a petition before it is released(3DS), but- Goldeneye 007 is being remade for the DS. Perfect dark may follow.
    - Plus, it could ( if developed by Nintendo as a 3D port) be an entry 3DS title.

However... If it is remade, it could end up being rushed to be finished(when 3DS comes out), and come out horrid.
    Also,his early, it could be denied before it starts...

So, tell me if a you would support if one was made, and not knowing much of how to actually start and submit a petition to Nintendo, I wold the attempt to find someone who could and would start one.

_End Post_

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

yes they do put some fairly good points o the table there but... Perfect Dark is a Rare owned game.
    and secondly, Nintendo wouldn't accept a petition to make a game, if they did, we would have had Ocarina of time on the DS several years ago.

3. Daverid

Daverid New Member

It's always possible that they'll accept one

Guess what? Rare never denied making a Perfect dark DS

Also, Rare games, I believe, HAVE had sequels by Nintendo???

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't see it happening. The game is owned by RareWare, so it won't be on the Virtual Console let alone the 3DS.

That game was slow, even on the N64 with the expansion pack. I still have it in the box. :3

5. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

no it wont happen. Microsoft wouldn't allow it.

6. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

This thread is pointless >:D There is already an entry game for the 3DS >:D

7. Daverid

Daverid New Member

I lol you. Perfect Dark VC is coming. There was a petition made, Nintendo accepted. Look it up on google

8. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Show us the link instead of us googling it >:D

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nintendo isn't allowed to publish any RareWare games since they don't own Rare anymore. Show me the link and I will believe it. I don't feel like looking it up.

And when I do look it up, it's only for XBLA since XBOX owns Rare now.

10. Daverid

Daverid New Member

I hate you lazy idiots http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/virtual_console/perfect_dark_confirmed
    Post Merge: [time]1283099387[/time]
    OH CRAP!!!!! SOMEONE LOCK THIS BEFORE I GET KILLED!!!! yep, XBlA, not VC

11. supleted

supleted Well-Known Member

Well, I have no experience with the perfect Dark series nor have I even heard of Rare-Ware until this post, but if the guy have evidence for its re-release in X-box then I guess its possible for one to be made into a DS.

There, your un-bias opinion.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh my. ::)

Maybe you should read first.

13. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

ah perfect dark. I had it on the gameboy color and still do. the reason why I liked it so much is because if you attach a AAA battery to the back of the game, it vibrates whenever you get shot (in-game of course). this function separates it from all other games. I think I'll go play it again

14. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

The GBC game was nothing compared to the N64 one... Nothing.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I highly, highly doubt a Perfect Dark will come out on the DS or 3DS. Microsoft is finally taking the plunge into portable gaming with their new Window's Phones, I doubt they'll give one of their IPs and developers back over to Nintendo. That and Rare hasn't made a game on the DS since Diddy Kong Racing. Your logic in the context of this post doesn't make sense either (if he has evidence of the remake, then it's possible for it to be on the DS? Wat). The so called evidence of this remake is that it's already out, and that Rare and the Perfect Dark IP is both tied to Microsoft, not Nintendo.

It's not coming out, and plus, in the original the guys said it was XBLA. So yeah.

Your opinion was not unbiased, it's simply uninformed, if you want to contribute to a topic, I'd advise you to be more informed on the subject at hand. And Daverid your arrogance concerning this topic is both hilarious and sad.

16. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

It's as Natalie says..
    But, there's no room for doubt, it's obvious.
    Microsoft would never allow it. Same goes for Banjo and any other Rare creation... Diddy Kong was understandable, he is linked to Nintendo via Donkey Kong. Microsoft had less of a reason to stop it (i.e. no competing portable, they would of prevented it otherwise) and they can't use the DK franchise anyway. Also note: Banjo and Conker were removed (the reason why it won't be ported to Wii VC).

Not even Goldeneye N64 was/will be released on Wii VC, expecting remake/port of Perfect Dark on a Nintendo console is insane. It was an original Rare title, not tied to any licensing unlike Goldeneye.
    (the upcoming DS/Wii games are not being developed by Rare, so there's little reason to even care about them)

His parting comment says it all.

17. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Look, getting back to the base of the topic, I do NOT want to see any godd*mn N64 ports on a "portable gamecube" 3ds console unless they're compilations like the 4-zelda pack on GC that had the NES and N64 games. They should have done single re-releases on the "portable n64" ds. Lessee some GOOD-LOOKING metroid prime, mario sunshine, wind waker/TP, FREAKING PORTABLE SMASH BROS, and new titles too. And for god sakes, nintendo. UP YOUR QUALITY CONTROL. Shovelware will plague any console with gimmicks if not taken care of. the 3ds has too many to list.

*End rant*

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

They had this quality control still active during the Gamecube. There wasn't that many games coming out for it versus the Xbox and PS2 because of it.

19. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

yea maybe 500 at max games came out nothing like ds with is over 5000

20. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

You're forgetting the fact that nintendo was STILL using its own type of media, something companies have long resented on CD-era consoles because they HAVE to buy more expensive discs, and that the gamecube wasn't half as "gimmicky" as the other two would grow to be (xbox could REALLY go online, ps2 had that eye toy and some stuff went online) The wii, on the other hand, made up for the gamecube's normality tenfold.

But yeah, the gamecube died fast. That doesn't mean we should repeat the N64 era AGAIN though,

And I'm not saying BEHEMOTH your quality control here, just have less shite like "girl diary 5" and "crappy spongebob game 659"