1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what the heck this happened to my .sav file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaFlare2, Sep 23, 2012.

1. OmegaFlare2

OmegaFlare2 Well-Known Member

So there's no technical difficulty as far as I can tell. But this doesn't happen normally:

I played dota 2, nothing unusual. But I noticed something strange happened to all my .sav files.

now for obvious, clear, clarification of the most clear form: I DID NOT DO ANYTHING. I haven't touched my .sav files in months.

http://i.imgur.com/pMoFQ.png

lolwat why did this happen o_o

my .dsv files are fine regarding desmume.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You probably have some program called dota on your computer.
    The program had made itself a default program for .sav files. Un-install the program or edit the registry files regarding dota.

Or you could use a handy little program called 'Default Program Editor'.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Lol it's just file association. Your video game uses .sav files and made that the default program for that file type. .sav is a fairly common file extension and it was caught in the crossfire. You can change the default program, but it shouldn't really matter at all because I'm assuming you load the file from the emulator interface rather than by clicking the file thumbnail or whatever.

4. OmegaFlare2

OmegaFlare2 Well-Known Member

It's strange because I've been playing dota 2 for a year and it's never done this to my .sav files until now.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You probably pressed something or ran the file as administrator.

6. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

just happens friend, Dota 2 users UNITE, this place is infested with league players, good to see someone playing it