1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Snes Emulator do you use ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by SonGoku1905, Feb 9, 2007.

1. SonGoku1905

SonGoku1905 Well-Known Member

I have used Snes9x for a long time but last year I decided to give Zsnes a try because of lack of support and updates for it ; I never used Snes9x again. Zsnes is far more stable , fast and user friendly in my opinion.For example while hq2x filter in Kega Fusion (Genesis) makes my pc lag ; I can play with hq3x without any slowdown or lag, even in games like Star Ocean. There is also Bsnes but I didn't see it yet. Whihc one do you prefer and what's your favourite settings ?

Video:1024x768 16Bit HQ3x Triple Buffer
    Sound:48Khz Interpolation:Cubic Lowpass: High Quality

2. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Zsnes has always worked fine for me so I never even gave the others a second thought... ::)..Settings?...I play games...i'm not good with technical stuff...

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I've always used SNES9x and never had any problems :)

4. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

zsnes all the way!

5. ultra

ultra Guest

i tried snesxx and never really liked it. however they do have a better interface in it's windows mode then any other emulator that's out there. however, the real winner for me is zsnes, which offers more sophisticated features as well as better compatability. it was also the first emulator that i used that never gave me problems.

6. Irdion

Irdion Active Member

ZSNES is better in every way than SNES9x but it doesn't give great screenshot option.

Depends on what you want...

SB

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

I use a mix of Snes9x and ZSNES at the moment, but I'm thinking of trying out BSNES at some point to see if it has anything worth while added.

8. Spyder

Spyder Guest

I first used only zsnes, but for some stupid reason my computer screws up with full-screen programs, so i have to resort to just using 9x...

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Time to reformat and reinstall everything ;) back up all your stuff first.

10. darkman

darkman Well-Known Member

I use ZSNES on my Linux desktop.

11. Quavers

Quavers Member

I've all the time love Zsnes emulator the time it was made written in dos till the time it was ported to windows. It's easy to use and support many games. The other reason that I favour it was that it emulates the light gun using the mouse for games such as Lethal Enforcers. I'm still looking for a Genesis emulator that emulates the light gun using the mouse instead of the keyborad. It's now been a long time since I last played an snes game.

12. megadethnatic

megadethnatic Member

Most of the time I'm using ZSNES. But it seems to be quite buggy since it has a new GFX-engine. Especially in games with special chips like Star Ocean. For those games I switch to Snes9x.

13. MovingStatistic

MovingStatistic Well-Known Member

Zsnes seems to work best for me.

Regards,

14. Heyaxe

Heyaxe Member

I think ZSnes is the most popular amongst this thread, and i also use this particular emulation, well used to, cause i dont usually play Snes roms now :)

15. myuusmeow

myuusmeow Active Member

ZSNES, SNES9x just hates calibrating the controls. Annoys me so much. Like if button 1 is a, and button 2 is b, suddenly b is button 3. :-\

16. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I use snes9x and I agree about configuring controls, it's so messed up. I can't stand it. I don't even understand why. But I spend half an hour setting controls, if I don't give up before then and just saw screw it.

17. linuxreuben

linuxreuben New Member

I use a russian snes emulator called ruskia Emulatarii :SNES Profesenallnia Versia

18. xyzzy

xyzzy Member

On my computer, I use ZSNES.

On my DS, I use the ever-buggy SNEmulDS. It's really, really buggy. Oh well; any form of portable SNES is good!

19. IceFiend

IceFiend Active Member

I used to use a combination of Snes9x NLKE and ZSnes. But ever since V1.42 of ZSnes I haven't had a single incompatibility. I haven't tried Star Ocean or StarFox however.

20. Ohji

Ohji Well-Known Member

I use ZSNES v 1.42, for the optimum playing online experience. =D